storage of butane gas bottles (1 Viewer)

largodandle

Free Member
Sep 12, 2007
Funster No
Hello. Please help. I have recently acquired an autosleeper (1998 model) equipped with two butane gas bottles. How is it recommended to store these in winter? Are they OK left in the gas bottle storage cupboard ? I understand that Butane freezes.

Don Madge

Deceased RIP
Aug 27, 2007
East Yorks
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Too Long
Hello. Please help. I have recently acquired an autosleeper (1998 model) equipped with two butane gas bottles. How is it recommended to store these in winter? Are they OK left in the gas bottle storage cupboard ? I understand that Butane freezes.

I would suggest that you visit your local Calor dealer then you won't have any problems. ::bigsmile:

Don

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang

Leave them where they are, it's not a problem if you're not using the van.. but it if you are, then as Don hinted at.. change to propane .. :winky:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Brambles

Free Member
Sep 9, 2007
Tayside
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp

Hi,
As already mentioned leave in Locker.
When people say the gas freezes, they don't mean it freezes solid like water to ice, they mean it just won't 'gas' and stays as a liquid.

OP
OP
L

largodandle

Free Member
Sep 12, 2007
Funster No
butane gas

Many thanks for the replies . You have cleared a misunderstanding.:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun