Free Member
Apr 24, 2008
NORFOLK
Funster No
MH
Coach Built low
Exp
SINCE 2008
Not sure if anyone can help but we have two dogs and normally secure them to a metal dog tie spiral when on camp sites. However this does not work if you are on a hard standing or if the under surface of the grass is not good enough to support the Spiral. Any other ideas?

Also due to dogs occasional mucky feet we have waterproof covers on the bench seats of our Besacar e560. does anyone know where we can get two good water proof covers for the driver and passenger seat for a 2010 Ducatto? Don't mind paying a bit more for better quality.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Re the spiral holder, I tend to have TWO of the special lines that attach to these, linked together to make long leash, and tie one end to the passenger door handle (door locked)... this gives a really long length of wire for the dog should she want to roam.

Don't attach the lead though, as this obviously not very long. Also, my dog only small so maybe your dogs may be too strong and could damage the handle if they pull I guess.

doglover

Free Member
Aug 27, 2010
lincoln
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
2 months
dogs

hi i clip mine to the tow bracket on the front of the van with a clothes line if he wants to go any where hes got to take us with him ha ha

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
Get two rock pegs with a line between them then fasten dogs to line

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
attach to the axle

I have a problem as If I were to attach Ezzie to anything less than the axle she would pull the RV along .. remember Ezzie is a St Bernard and they can pull 1000 kgs (never wrap a lead round the wrist). We do attach Ezzie to our trailer, or the tow ball or as I have siad the axle or electric door step (OK mine is a yank) but I am sure there is somewhere you can attche the dogs to? have a tow eye or lash down eye at the front? just extend from there. Not so sure of joy's idea of a door handle?

Bob:roflmto:

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
You are probably right Bob... Sasha, my little un, doesn't weight more than a few bags of sugar so slightest tug and she gives up.:Smile:

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
we watched a pub bench move along the road

You are probably right Bob... Sasha, my little un, doesn't weight more than a few bags of sugar so slightest tug and she gives up.:Smile:

Before we had Ezzie we watched a English mastive pull a pub bench along the road near a pub.. belonged to the pub and they often chained him to the table, but he had learned that he could drag the bench a long... Ezzie is 74lbs and she can pull my electric buggy (no she is not the battery....again).. but dogs can pull a lot if they want to including I expect your door handle Joy. .. now Ezzie likes a bag of suger:Blush:.. no she is a good girl.

Bob:Eeek:

K9Brian

Free Member
Aug 2, 2010
South Manchester
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since April 2010
I use a 9ft lead for each of my Gsds and fasten each down with rock pegs. Always peg them so that both can reach the water bowl but can't get their leads tangled. Never pulled the pegs out yet. :Doh:

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
My brother once built a lovely kennel for his Doberman dog at the top of his garden complete with chain so the dog could go out in the summer on his own.After about half an hour of the dog being outside he heard a noise at the back door, the dog meet him with the kennel jammed fast in the doorway it took two people to carry it the 30 yards or so back up the garden:ROFLMAO:

Feb 4, 2010
Mid. Glamorgan, S. Wales
Funster No
MH
Motorhutch / Toy Camper
Exp
Since 2010
I have a problem as If I were to attach Ezzie to anything less than the axle she would pull the RV along .. remember Ezzie is a St Bernard and they can pull 1000 kgs (never wrap a lead round the wrist)

Wow....if I don't manage to get the van across the 2 meters of waterlogged grass between the gripmats and the site's gravel road tomorrow, I know what I'll be looking for to get me out! I don't think the 2 cats in the tent next to me are going to be much use ::bigsmile:

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
I have a problem as If I were to attach Ezzie to anything less than the axle she would pull the RV along .. remember Ezzie is a St Bernard and they can pull 1000 kgs (never wrap a lead round the wrist). We do attach Ezzie to our trailer, or the tow ball or as I have siad the axle or electric door step (OK mine is a yank) but I am sure there is somewhere you can attche the dogs to? have a tow eye or lash down eye at the front? just extend from there. Not so sure of joy's idea of a door handle?Bob:roflmto:
Beware using the tow bar to secure the dog, some years ago our very large Briard was secured to the tow hitch while we packed up ready to leave. It was some 500yards before the kids looking out of the rear window screamed :shout: that Morris was running for his life behind the van.:Blush:

After that we always put a note on the steering wheel as a reminder.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back