1st long trip abroad in motorhome (1 Viewer)

MrJinks

Free Member
Sep 1, 2008
Dorchester, Dorset
Funster No
MH
C Class RV
Exp
6 years
Well its nearly here.
Been loading up the van today for our holiday on Monday over to France for a week or ten days, depending on weather, and then in to Spain for a few weeks. Really looking forward to it. It will be the first long holiday we have had in it since buying it last year. Had a couple of weeks away and a few weekends but been too busy since Easter to get out except some drives out to give it a run.
Side doors auto locking packed up yesterday. Traced it to a fuse. But as soon as I opened the door the fuse blew again.:censored:2 Too late to get it sorted now. Will have to manage.
Although we have driven down to Spain dozens of times it got me thinking that there is a lot more to go wrong in a m/h than a car. :whatthe: Hopefully all will be well.

Weather permitting, we are heading to Saumur for a few days by the Loire and then to Charente. A few days near the Pyranees and then into Spain. Heading back in November via the Rhineland for a few days and maybe catch a Christmas market in Germany.

Had such a busy year that, although good for business, both need a few weeks to chill out and recharge batteries.

Bon Voyage to anyone else heading away & maybe meet a few of you on our travels.

Landy lover

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2009
Zummerzet
Funster No
MH
27ft Eurolight
Exp
Camping Caravaning now 5'ering 49 years
Enjoy - have a safe trip

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Although we have driven down to Spain dozens of times it got me thinking that there is a lot more to go wrong in a m/h than a car. :whatthe:

Not as far as driving is concerned. With a MH you know you can't get there FAST so it's a nice stress free journey. Simpler vehicle, less to go wrong.

And if there is a hold up, just make a cup of tea.

Enjoy.

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
Have a nice travel through France!

And if you want my mobile number (just in case.... if it makes you feel safer to have a contact who speaks the linguo..) send me a PM! You shouldn't be very far from my place if you drive to Spain through the Pyrénées.... depending on which side you're crossing them of course!

I won't be far anyway if you need some help of any kind!

Enjoy!!

Amicalement

Frankie:Smile::Smile:

BobT

Free Member
Jun 15, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Hi Garry,
I'm sure you will have a great time, but some advice so you don't spoil it at the end. The law in Germany is that all vehicles on the road when there is (or may be) snow must have snow tyres or similar. The cheapest way to comply with this is to buy "snow socks" from the same companies who sell snow chains. They are easy to fit and only cost a few pounds.
Enjoy your trip,

bob

OP
OP
MrJinks

MrJinks

Free Member
Sep 1, 2008
Dorchester, Dorset
Funster No
MH
C Class RV
Exp
6 years
Have a nice travel through France!

I won't be far anyway if you need some help of any kind!

Amicalement

Frankie:Smile::Smile:

Frankie. You are very kind.:thanks:

I will PM you for your number but promise I will not trouble you unless I am really stuck.

Regards

Apr 29, 2009
West Yorkshire...Halifax
Funster No
MH
Vanless....BUT....!!!!
Exp
Since 2007
Have a good trip but above all have FUN and enjoy yourselves..I hope you have some great weather and don't forget take lots of photos for us all to see later

BON VOYAGE!!!:thumb:

Mixter

Free Member
Dec 2, 2009
Keighley, West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Now a year - cant believe it!
Not as far as driving is concerned. With a MH you know you can't get there FAST so it's a nice stress free journey. Simpler vehicle, less to go wrong.

And if there is a hold up, just make a cup of tea.

Enjoy.
Absolutely! The two worst things about being in a huge hold-up are.......needing a pee......and starving. Not a problem as far as we are concerned. And, in an extreme 'going nowhere till morning' hold-up, youve even got a bed!:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back