Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Spotted one like this :thumb:
Link Removed
Thoughts on making it into a self- build ?:winky: Fill in a few windows. rip everything out and start from scratch :thumb:
terry

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Not a whole lot of miles and it should have been maintained by the book or better. Sounds a good plan.

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
I have found one at half price,:thumb: looks tidier from the pics,:thumb: but almost double the mileage :Doh:
3.9 ton should be fine :thumb: my present one comes in just under 3 . 5 ton fully laden but she is 4.2 t ::bigsmile:
Only thing is it is a 2.5 and not 2.8 but there are the same Soffin engines which are good for 400,000 miles plus if fed and watered regularly :thumb:
terry
Persuading SWMBO that we need a newer van is going to be the hard bit,converting it will be easy after that !

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
Go for it mate! 2.5 is Ok if you know how to use your g/box. That has always been my dream to convert a bus, nothing like a Leyland or such, just a Merc "hopper type" bus a 24 seater maybe!
Ho Hummm! Mrs R ( who knows where all the dosh is hidden) has still to come round to the idea! Iwish you well!!

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
I was referring to the typo in the advert :roflmto:

3.9KG

:ROFLMAO: never noticed :thumb::ROFLMAO: took me all my time to find one like the one I have found, without giving out where it is :Eeek: Need a couple of weeks to persuade the boss :thumb: At the moment she is adamant that
1 she likes what we have
2 she does not want the mess and hassle on the drive :ROFLMAO:
3 she says we need to get rid of ours first :thumb: but she will not let me sell it :Doh:
4 she keeps going back to 1 :ROFLMAO:
terry
I want to do another because I am bored :ROFLMAO:

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
Mate!!! we're married to the same woman! The excuses are the same!

Poor you! Poor me!

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
At the moment she is adamant that
1 she likes what we have
2 she does not want the mess and hassle on the drive :ROFLMAO:
3 she says we need to get rid of ours first :thumb: but she will not let me sell it :Doh:
4 she keeps going back to 1 :ROFLMAO:
terry
I want to do another because I am bored :ROFLMAO:

Rearrange into a well known phrase or saying: POO DEEP

For goodness sakes don't say it's because you are bored.

Surely we can do better ?

"Dearest I've this brilliant idea for a layout that will minimise the work you have to do and maximise the leisure area."

"Super TV so you can enjoy your soaps to the full"

"Luxury bed"

"Dish washer"

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

AdgeRas

Free Member
Sep 17, 2009
Bristol
Funster No
Exp
isn't this the van that the winnibago rialta is based on, if so they are a rust bucket.

The Winnebago Rialta is based on the Volkswagen Transporter T4 and not the Renault Master that is in the Ebay ad :Smile:

Rasmus

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
:ROFLMAO: I do not tell her I am bored :Eeek: that's just asking to decorate or do the garden :Eeek::Sad:The problem I have is that the other one still suits our needs down to the ground :thumb: Nothing needs renewing or changing :ROFLMAO: It is just me wanting to get a new toy :thumb: and her saying we don't need one :Angry::Sad:So now it is a case of convincing her that we have to get one or start loosing money on the one we have :ROFLMAO::winky:Unfortunately I am not winning this argument at the moment :ROFLMAO::Sad:
terry

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Dearest, I have been so lucky to have you in my life and feel the need to do something to prove to you that I am man enough and worthy enough to be the man you deserve..... I need to build monuments in your honour .. I need to climb mountains as yet undiscovered in the deep Hymalayas ... I need to carry you upstairs and make mad deep passionate love to you over and over again..... if you do not let me rid myself of this obssession to build a ... whatever it was you said.

By the time you get to passionate love to you I feel that you may just be given permission to go out and build it. Good luck.:thumb:

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Dearest, I have been so lucky to have you in my life and feel the need to do something to prove to you that I am man enough and worthy enough to be the man you deserve..... I need to build monuments in your honour .. I need to climb mountains as yet undiscovered in the deep Hymalayas ... I need to carry you upstairs and make mad deep passionate love to you over and over again..... if you do not let me rid myself of this obssession to build a ... whatever it was you said.

By the time you get to passionate love to you I feel that you may just be given permission to go out and build it. Good luck.:thumb:

Been married for 32 years (the other day ) that will not wash :ROFLMAO: even tried to say I would build it for our anniversary :thumb: :Doh: still did not wash either :cry:
terry

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
There you go terry, you should not have made such a good job of present one.

You missed one important detail when you built it, you should have thought like a commercial builder and built in planned obsolescence.

Then you would have had an excuse to build another, the more up to date improved version.

Dave :thumb::thumb:

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
There you go terry, you should not have made such a good job of present one.

You missed one important detail when you built it, you should have thought like a commercial builder and built in planned obsolescence.

Then you would have had an excuse to build another, the more up to date improved version.

Dave :thumb::thumb:

:Doh: Always knew I did something wrong :winky::ROFLMAO:
terry

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back