Glass Beads & Jewellery (1 Viewer)

Edgie

Free Member
Nov 5, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
C Class
Well my Wife Binny has collected glass beads for quite a while now, so many that I thought it would be interesting for her to see how they were made. A year on from that lesson and she has taken the next step. I am really proud of her... www.inspirationsbybelinda.co.uk :thumb:

dylan

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
sw wales
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
n/a
Clever girl - they look beautiful :Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Thanks Eagle. They look lovely. I was interested in this as before my daughter had problems it was what she wanted to do.

It is lovely to see someone succeed. I wish your wife all the best and hope it goes really well for her.:thumb:

OP
OP
Edgie

Edgie

Free Member
Nov 5, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
C Class
Thanks for your kind comments, Binny is really pleased that you like her work. :thumb:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
I am really proud of her...

Respect here too.

Many years ago I did a bit of training in Farranti's where they made special valves and I can remember to this day how nasty that stuff is if you get it wrong. You get a burn like no other from an innocent cold looking piece of glass. The "old hand" who was training me had this scar on his eyeball, right next to the lens. He pointed to this and said "don't ever heat a sealed glass tube". That message stuck it was nearly 50 years ago and I can see the scar now. Can you imagine the pain !

I impressed my wife recently, a thin stemmed wine glass got broken so got my blowlamp out and welded the stem back together - I even impressed myself ::bigsmile:

Take care and good luck. A nice niche market is an excellent way to go.

OP
OP
Edgie

Edgie

Free Member
Nov 5, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
C Class
Thanks Brian, good advice..... Binny's say's that the base of her torch reaches 1400 degrees farenheight and that she is REALLY careful. :Eeek:

OP
OP
Edgie

Edgie

Free Member
Nov 5, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
C Class
Lots of new pieces to look at on the gallery, click on a pic then press the play button... sit back and enjoy! ::bigsmile: Link Removed

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Lots of new pieces to look at on the gallery, click on a pic then press the play button... sit back and enjoy! ::bigsmile: Link Removed

Lovely looking stuff, BUT, one thing that will put people off, no prices or price guide. I think most people would assume "if you have to ask...."

You could put a "this week's special" on to motivate people.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Very very nice indeed :thumb:

OP
OP
Edgie

Edgie

Free Member
Nov 5, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
C Class
Lovely looking stuff, BUT, one thing that will put people off, no prices or price guide. I think most people would assume "if you have to ask...."

You could put a "this week's special" on to motivate people.

Ah yes, we never gave that a thought...... actually Belinda never really sells online, she just does displays at local events and Ladies Indulgence Evenings (love to know what they are :winky: )

Anyway she is working out some special prices just for MHF folks, I will post them here later. (assuming Jim is ok with that ?)

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Anyway she is working out some special prices just for MHF folks, I will post them here later. (assuming Jim is ok with that ?)

That's pretty pointless, there are a few thousand here but 6,000,000,000 in the real world.

Looking at them it's impossible for anyone to tell if it you are talking Lalique or Tangier Souk prices.

There's a lot of investment there, lovely presentation on the web site, but, in my humble opinion, lacking the last detail the shift them.

Biggest challenge of all is what price - but that's your problem !

OP
OP
Edgie

Edgie

Free Member
Nov 5, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
C Class
Your comments are noted and appreciated. The fact is Belinda is an artist for the enjoyment of it as opposed to the income, selling is not and probably never will be her priority :Doh:

Anyway she absolutely loves making these things, and sells what she can to finance more materials, to make some more shiny things.

Some MHF special prices... ::bigsmile:

Earrings = £15.00
Pendants = £15.00
Leather neck cord with bead = £10.00
Bead set = £10.00
Silver core beads = £5.00 each
Sterling silver bracelet with 2 silver ball stopper and glass bead = £30.00

All plus posting and packing

Everyone handmade and unique - Give her a call or send her an email :thumb:

Link Removed

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
The fact is Belinda is an artist for the enjoyment of it as opposed to the income, selling is not and probably never will be her priority :Doh:

Oh my gawd.

You've got to convince her it will be so much more satisfying if people tell her how good her skills are by throwing money at her.

Which raises a payment problem, whole extra can of worms.

But is ebay worth a punt, try one piece and see who bites, costs you little to try that, no set-up costs.

Prices look very modest.

For our information I take it FUNsters would have to post a cheque or cash.

OP
OP
Edgie

Edgie

Free Member
Nov 5, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
C Class
Thanks Brian good advice :thumb:

Chq or cash I assume will be fine, if anyone talks to Belinda I am sure they will sort it out between them...

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back