Free Member
Dec 12, 2008
Crystal Palace, London
Funster No
MH
29ft RV
Exp
18 months n counting
RV has been running great since MOT a few months ago - been to Cornwall and back etc.

But on my last drive it must have stalled about 6 times!
Always seems to happen when I am going round a corner and braking.
Obviously this is a little scary as brakes and steering loses power and I have to get into Park to re-start.
Before I take it to the garage has anyone ever heard of this before?
Jules :Sad:

Oct 15, 2007
Five Roads Alyth
Funster No
MH
A class RV
Exp
since 2005
Dumb question, you have got plenty of fuel in the tank?

Sounds daft but RV tanks are rather large and if you let them get low that would cause your problem?

johng

Free Member
Aug 15, 2007
Kent/Sussex UK
Funster No
MH
1984 C ClassGMC
Exp
maybe the brake servo is causing this.. just trying to think how ...

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

wivvy's dad

Free Member
Jun 22, 2010
Funster No
MH
Transit LWB Hi-Top PVC
Exp
On and Off since '98
Don't brake in corners.

One of the first things you learn in advanced driving - brake in a straight line.

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
  1. Yes this problem is not new it happens on all sorts of vehicles Idle speed control valve/ mechanism possibly sticking
  2. Vac pipes split or loose

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Don't brake in corners.

One of the first things you learn in advanced driving - brake in a straight line.
And the first thing you learn in a RV without steering, braking is a good option:Doh:

Oct 15, 2007
Five Roads Alyth
Funster No
MH
A class RV
Exp
since 2005
Servo/vac probs, arn't the Chevy's on a hydraulic servo system off the power steering?

I should know as we have the Chevy under our Winne but I've not looked:Blush:

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Servo :Eeek:
I thought they operated the brakes:Doh:
What do I know:Doh:

OP
OP
juliandavies

juliandavies

Free Member
Dec 12, 2008
Crystal Palace, London
Funster No
MH
29ft RV
Exp
18 months n counting
thanks all of you
seems like I just need to be careful until I get it to a garage!

johng

Free Member
Aug 15, 2007
Kent/Sussex UK
Funster No
MH
1984 C ClassGMC
Exp
Servo/vac probs, arn't the Chevy's on a hydraulic servo system off the power steering?

:Doh: yes Simon, I had problems with my PS pump and should have remembered this ..

Geo, on a normal set up, brakes are applied (which are assisted by the servo) which in turn is powered by manifold or some other engine generated vacumn? I was just linking the application of brakes to a drop in vac, helping to cause a stall.. falls over of course on the chevy if it is brake boosted from PS pump :)

Oct 15, 2007
Five Roads Alyth
Funster No
MH
A class RV
Exp
since 2005
:Doh: yes Simon, I had problems with my PS pump and should have remembered this ..

Geo, on a normal set up, brakes are applied (which are assisted by the servo) which in turn is powered by manifold or some other engine generated vacumn? I was just linking the application of brakes to a drop in vac, helping to cause a stall.. falls over of course on the chevy if it is brake boosted from PS pump :)

Wished I hadn't googled this, info gleaned from various faults, including, pedal went to floor:Eeek:

Anyway, generally it appears the P30 is hydro assist, power of the power steering pump but and also be a combination of power steering AND vacumn, though at a guess I'm thinking OPs will be power steering pump so in theory unrelated, however, if power steering pump was loading up during braking and cornering it could stop the motor????? Oil level, pump working to hard, mmmm, serious guessing there:Eeek:

Julian, is there and strange (typically hissing) noises generally with the engine running or when you turn the wheels/press the brake pedal??

OP
OP
juliandavies

juliandavies

Free Member
Dec 12, 2008
Crystal Palace, London
Funster No
MH
29ft RV
Exp
18 months n counting
Wished I hadn't googled this, info gleaned from various faults, including, pedal went to floor:Eeek:

Anyway, generally it appears the P30 is hydro assist, power of the power steering pump but and also be a combination of power steering AND vacumn, though at a guess I'm thinking OPs will be power steering pump so in theory unrelated, however, if power steering pump was loading up during braking and cornering it could stop the motor????? Oil level, pump working to hard, mmmm, serious guessing there:Eeek:

Julian, is there and strange (typically hissing) noises generally with the engine running or when you turn the wheels/press the brake pedal??

no strange noises...

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back