Snooper S7000 does yours work? (1 Viewer)

motor roamin

Funster
May 23, 2010
Leicester
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2 mins
I have just answered a post by motorhomelover re his not working S7000 snooper Sat nav, is any one else having had problems, now Bobs got one maybe if we have enough members with problems we can threaten them Through our Rowieler "Bob".........sorry Bob hope you don't have any problems as I said mine seems alright now.

All the best Rick and Rosie

Landy lover

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2009
Zummerzet
Funster No
MH
27ft Eurolight
Exp
Camping Caravaning now 5'ering 49 years
Had ours for 18months now and it has been faultless for all that time - I had a few issues on how to do things at the begining and found their help line quick and invaluable. As we were travelling I found one or two roads where the mapping was out of date by a couple of years and complained to them and they sent me through a new mapping disc to update all in all excellent product - excellent service and well impressed

Toffs-G

Free Member
Sep 16, 2009
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 640SPB
Exp
September 2009
So far (touch wood)we havent had any problems, works a treat.

Had some issues initially around how to use the Digital TV but like Landy Lover found their helpdesk to be very good:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
mine is good

I have just answered a post by motorhomelover re his not working S7000 snooper Sat nav, is any one else having had problems, now Bobs got one maybe if we have enough members with problems we can threaten them Through our Rowieler "Bob".........sorry Bob hope you don't have any problems as I said mine seems alright now.

I have it up and running fine.. tv is a bit hit and miss and depends on where you are. But the satelrlite it's self word well from Lincoln home and I have to set up this morning as a car to take a friend to Heathrow at 11 o'clock. I have now got the camera data loaded as well.

I found using the cd manual much better than the book (more info) .. the ACIS is hard to work as you have to have the correct spelling of the site.. found it easier to just look at the ACIS book and get the lats and longs then enter them and it shows the site just fine.

It is just a case of getting use to it.

One bonus was the Snooper 7000 fits in to my Pioneer carry case.. saves £15.00 (add on).

I like the night time settings, and the 3d is much better than the pioneer. I prefer the speed camera warnigns as well. So far it seems as good if not better than the more expensive pioneer system I got from VanBitz. Wish they had this one then.. still need the back up camera, but this is a good bit of kit and I still use the pioneer as a music centre and as the back rear view camera (on all the time). Horses for courses. But so far pleased with it... the main reason for buying was being able to set the motor home size up on it which you cannot do on the pioneer.. car or foot only.. the Snooper has a far better range and when you see how many bridges that would cause me issues off the main road then it pays for it's self.

Bob:thumb:

sutton133

Free Member
May 22, 2010
Birmingham
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
One year
Used our S7000 all through the summer - UK, France, Switzerland, Italy. Motorways, A-roads, even into Rome itself. No problems - except when it gave a false warning of a low bridge in some roadworks on a Swiss motorway. That set the juices racing!

Seriously though; no problems - a godsend for a large vehicle.

Regards

Graham & Marian

Last edited:

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
used it to and from the airport today

I have also set it up now Rick to work in the car as well (means the very dated Garmin box we had is retired..Street Pilot lll is retired).

Still learning how to find places by names.. that is hard.. post codes and longs and lats are fine. Just a case of using it a bit more. Managed to use it to T5 at Heathrow - taking a friend there and back home again.. mind you could drive it blindfolded, but want to see what the toy did... No problems. The only thing that drove me round the bend was the camera warnings between the A3 bridge and Heathrow.. going off every few seconds so I hit the silence button in the top bar,, still displayed the camera signs but got rid of the noise.

So far happy with it.

Bob:thumb:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Not having one I have a question,

From what I can gather it's route calculations are based on roads with adequate width and height, excluding roads with low bridges or weight restrictions.

so, how does it know when a road is unsuitable if there is no weight , width or height restriction ?

For example. in France the D roads are so designated because they are maintained by the Department.. D is not a Class of road. They may be single or dual carriageway, they are not classed by width and many would not be suitable for an RV , as I have found out. ... how would snooper know the difference ?

You you can add Height, Width and Weight restrictions to TT manually and route to avoid them, so what makes the Snooper special ?

Toffs-G

Free Member
Sep 16, 2009
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 640SPB
Exp
September 2009
The only thing that drove me round the bend was the camera warnings between the A3 bridge and Heathrow.. going off every few seconds so I hit the silence button in the top bar,, still displayed the camera signs but got rid of the noise.

That drove us mad at first as well but found a way to turn the volume of the alerts down via the alerts settings, it is now an acceptable level:thumb:

Cheers
Gary

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
yes price was one of the issues

The Price. ::bigsmile:

Olley

As Olley said the price issue was a factor. When you think the pioneer system I have was £1,100 (comes with the back up camera for that price)and has the same items like able to use a back up camera and music via the SD card slot.. so at £400 it was a lot cheaper. The pioneer can only accept car or foot. The Snooper has the ability to have all sorts of data put in so you avoid turning in to a road that has a low bridge or is to narrow.

On the run back from Lincoln it showed all the side roads and the obstructions I would faced if I turned off the main route..plus petrol stations (many options of POI's) I run it as a car and none are shown (took it to the airport).. so when the motorhome setting is selected at start up and you have already put the details in to the memory.. it means I will not be taking a risk of taking my RV down a road with a low bridge or other obstruction... no fun trying to back it up with the Wheelchair trailer on the back I can tell you.

Nice bit of kit for the money. Still have the pioneer in use as that is mounted low down on the consul and has the backup camera live most of the time and the music facility running.. the main sat is now the snooper. Which I had the option of this when VanBitz fitted the Pioneer? but that is life you often find out after the event.

Bob:Eeek:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
As Olley said the price issue was a factor. When you think the pioneer system I have was £1,100 (comes with the back up camera for that price)and has the same items like able to use a back up camera and music via the SD card slot.. so at £400 it was a lot cheaper. The pioneer can only accept car or foot. The Snooper has the ability to have all sorts of data put in so you avoid turning in to a road that has a low bridge or is to narrow.

On the run back from Lincoln it showed all the side roads and the obstructions I would faced if I turned off the main route..plus petrol stations (many options of POI's) I run it as a car and none are shown (took it to the airport).. so when the motorhome setting is selected at start up and you have already put the details in to the memory.. it means I will not be taking a risk of taking my RV down a road with a low bridge or other obstruction... no fun trying to back it up with the Wheelchair trailer on the back I can tell you.

Nice bit of kit for the money. Still have the pioneer in use as that is mounted low down on the consul and has the backup camera live most of the time and the music facility running.. the main sat is now the snooper. Which I had the option of this when VanBitz fitted the Pioneer? but that is life you often find out after the event.

Bob:Eeek:

no denying it's a good bit of kit but doesn't really answer my question Bob ..

A TT is half the price of a snooper , has the same mapping and you can load all the POIs such as low bridges, width and weight restrictions ..

hence Olleys post ..

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Hi bob I have a TT "classic" bought about 6 years ago when they first came out, its got Poi's for low bridges, campsites, fuel stations etc. either made by myself or downloaded, you name it, you can get a Poi somewhere for it.

Its set for "fastest route" which means 99% of the time it keeps you on "A" roads or better, no "A" road that I know off has an HGV width restriction, and very few have a low bridge under 3.7metres, so those Poi's while nice to look at, are just eye candy IMHO. :Smile:

The other 1% of the time the TT tell's me to turn down a "B" road or worse, I use common sense, unless I am feeling adventurous. ::bigsmile:

I like to have the latest gizmo's/toyz's but can't for the life of me see any advantage in upgrading the TT even to a newer model, let alone a Snooper. :cry:

Olley

Jun 10, 2011
Yorkshire (nr. Leeds)
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2011 (so a bit of a newbie)

I got the AVN S7000 Ventura about 4 weeks ago and I've had one very serious problem with it.

The iPod connector simply doesn't work at all. It doesn't play at all. I can't even select it from the menu. I've tried 4 different iPods and iPhones on it, but nothing works.

I've put a video together that shows what the problem is.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLMjADAXcDg[/ame]

My wife loves to enjoy her music from her iPhone so this was a major factor in choosing this device so it is a shame that she can't enjoy her music whilst we're trucking down the freeway :Sad:

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Well to be fair.. it WILL support the Ifone .. if you balance the iFone on the ledge at the front it will def be strong enough to support it ..

Sorry.. really really sorry.. the darned voices made me type that in :Doh:::bigsmile:

Landy lover

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2009
Zummerzet
Funster No
MH
27ft Eurolight
Exp
Camping Caravaning now 5'ering 49 years
We do not have the version of Snooper 7000 that you have - ours is a stand alone unit - my first point I would make is that we have found back up from Snooper excellent in the past. I would be inclined to contact them with the problem direct - if they cannot offer a satisfactory solution i would be inclined to go back to the supplier and claim not fit for purpose and get a different unit fitted or full credit.

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
I agree tell them its not fit for purpose and get another might the the unit is at fault.
we have the snooper s6000 which is the one without the tv, have found it to be very useful, put the co-ordinates in and it takes us to the gate,avoiding all the narrow roads, only prob we had that it took us to the freight when leaving France as we are 4 ton and 7.4 wide and over 10ft high, we will know next time and go to the car route.

Jun 10, 2011
Yorkshire (nr. Leeds)
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2011 (so a bit of a newbie)
Amazingly it's took me months to get my money back. I ended up having to get a letter from Fiat confirming that they thought the unit was faulty. They had no hesitation in writing the letter as it only took them five minutes to check out the unit and decide it was SERIOUSLY not working properly.

The company I got it from - RAM Mobile of Wakefield - refused to give me my money back and so I had to go via the credit card company even though the faults were obviously within just a few days of getting it fitted.

Having looked at the Garmins and Tom Toms that are available I have to say that they are in a different league to the Snooper. I'm just glad to finally be rid of the darned thing.

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Mine isn't working. it wont take charge except from the mains.

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
That is the way they work Treacle

Mine isn't working. it wont take charge except from the mains.

They have to be charged from the mains.. they will work on the 12v system in the motor home.. but it has to be charged up from the mains.

Mine is still working OK.. just had it on in France ... got me to and from the destination just fine.

Bob

Going back to the legal issues.... you have a right to reject the goods and get a full refund from the point of sale.. if the goods are not fit for purpose. While you can claim from the credit card company. You do have the basic right to return the goods if they fail as soon as yours did.

Mine like a lot of others on here (MHF and RVOC) have the stand alone model of the 7000 .. I cannot see them being different in the basics.. but we still all have the same legal rights in the matter.

Bob

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
They have to be charged from the mains.. they will work on the 12v system in the motor home.. but it has to be charged up from the mains.

b

I had figured that Bob.::bigsmile:

It just doesnt retain it's charge when plugged into 12v.

I just need to call them:thumb:

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Strange.... I take it there is power at the socket you plug into?

Bob:Smile:

Yes. I have tried it in the car as well.

I think it must be a faulty charger. I have got their number so will call them.

When it's working ( before it runs out of charge) I have found it to be excellent.:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back