Free Member
Aug 29, 2010
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since August 2010
When I chose my first MH, I was very apprehensive about driving it, but soon gained confidence, and now wonder what all the fuss was about.:Blush:

However, I still have a problem with parking, especially in 'Bays'. So I wondered if it might be an idea to have a list of MH friendly car parks.

By this, I mean the type that dont have markings. I apologise if this has already been done, or suggested and 'booted out'. I am sure I am not the only scaredy cat out there, when it comes to parking.

Here are a couple I know of, and no, I dont work for the National Trust.::bigsmile:

Lacock, Wilts - There is a large NT car park

Stourhead House and Garden, Wilts - There is a large NT car park (And a small campsite)

Dunster Castle, Somerset - There is a NT car park

Attingham Park, Shropshire - There is a large NT car park

Dudmaston Hall, Shropshire - There is a NT car park

Wightwick Manor and Gardens, Nr Wolverhampton - There is a NT car park

Dyrham Park, Gloucestershire - There is a very large NT car park

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Hi tony.

jim got in before me with his link. :Angry:::bigsmile:

the website has been developed by our member GJH (Graham) with co-operation of the many town councils he's requested info from.

i believe all the details listed have been confirmed by GJH and are accurate (changes to council parking policies excepted, of course)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
i believe all the details listed have been confirmed by GJH and are accurate (changes to council parking policies excepted, of course)

Haven't been to every one John by any means - though if anyone wants to sponsor me for diesel and site fees I'll talk to them :Smile:

All information is accurate as per the date given.

As it happens I've just updated the PoI set today. Now 1634 places through the country in it.

Graham

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Haven't been to every one John by any means - though if anyone wants to sponsor me for diesel and site fees I'll talk to them :Smile:

All information is accurate as per the date given.

As it happens I've just updated the PoI set today. Now 1634 places through the country in it.

Graham
(changes to council parking policies excepted, of course) :thumb:

if you visited all 1634 places you'd never see home again:ROFLMAO:

AdgeRas

Free Member
Sep 17, 2009
Bristol
Funster No
Exp
(changes to council parking policies excepted, of course) :thumb:

if you visited all 1634 places you'd never see home again:ROFLMAO:

Well, if he can find anyone to sponsor site fees and diesel he should be able to afford his food and drink and he can go fulltiming :ROFLMAO:

Rasmus

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 15, 2007
Five Roads Alyth
Funster No
MH
A class RV
Exp
since 2005
:Blush: After all this time I have finally had a look at Graham's site, very good:thumb:

As we are discovering that you CAN tour about in a 28ft RV and it could give me even more ideas where to wander to, that said it's alot of fun just winging it, ie there is bound to be a car park or at least somewhere we can turn round down here, well, so far so good :Blush::ROFLMAO:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back