Free Member
Sep 27, 2009
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki 649C Class
Exp
Since 24th March 2010
Does anyone know how strict the campsite is regarding the 6m length and 2m width max on motorhomes? Its just that 6 months ago, someone told me that they just turned up in their 6 berth Roller Team and stayed for a couple of days.

Anybody any experience of going here with larger than specified max motorhomes?

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
best thing to do is ring them and ask then you have it from the horses mouth so to speak:thumb:

andy.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
themountaintiger

themountaintiger

Free Member
Sep 27, 2009
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since 24th March 2010
best thing to do is ring them and ask then you have it from the horses mouth so to speak:thumb:

andy.

Hi Andy, I was trying to avoid that in case they replied "as specified on web site". Sometimes it is easier to ask for forgiveness rather than ask for permission and I thought just turning up would mean it would be unlikely that they get their tape measure out albeit Im a metre longer than specified. I wonder if I could disguise the width if the motorhomes ears were pulled in (wing mirrors). Hang on! ive got an idea, has anybody developed a stealth motorhome yet? ideal for wildcamping!! Mind you, could I find it after parking up somewhere? :Blush:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Oct 15, 2007
Five Roads Alyth
Funster No
MH
A class RV
Exp
since 2005
Hang on! ive got an idea, has anybody developed a stealth motorhome yet? ideal for wildcamping!! Mind you, could I find it after parking up somewhere? :Blush:

Yes, JJ :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Mind you once the Solex is out there nowt stealth going on:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

As to your question, the expression damned if you do damned if you don't springs to mind. Turn, and risk a no or phone and same, tricky?

At least if they say no on the phone you no to head else where.

Upvote 0

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Hi Andy, I was trying to avoid that in case they replied "as specified on web site". Sometimes it is easier to ask for forgiveness rather than ask for permission and I thought just turning up would mean it would be unlikely that they get their tape measure out albeit Im a metre longer than specified.

Tend to agree, I would use the word 'prudent' ... we have turned up with our 36footer when it specified 30ft max .. and got in with a bit or arse licking .... leaves a bad taste in the mouth, but at least your in.. :roflmto:

Looking at the web site, the site is geared up for tents , (don't think permit caravans ) and they do say 'Camper Van' .. and only 6 ehu points.

Upvote 0

PenelopePitstop

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 3, 2007
Royston Vasey and beyond!
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 1999
We used to go on there a lot in our tenting days and we've also been on in our old Autosleeper Trident. Never seen anything bigger than a panel van on there.

Would love to go there in our Knaus!:Smile: Lovely site and lovely area!:thumb:
Great pub too - The Old Dungeon Ghyll.

Will be interesting to see if anyone has been on in a 6 / 7m van!:Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
themountaintiger

themountaintiger

Free Member
Sep 27, 2009
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since 24th March 2010
Tend to agree, I would use the word 'prudent' ... we have turned up with our 36footer when it specified 30ft max .. and got in with a bit or arse licking .... leaves a bad taste in the mouth, but at least your in.. :roflmto:.

I have a misses, so used to 'arse licking' :Tongue1: have to do plenty before this weekend when I tell her im going with mate for "male bonding" hiking (& Beer) long weekend away. Without her!!

Looking at the web site, the site is geared up for tents , (don't think permit caravans ) and they do say 'Camper Van' .. and only 6 ehu points.

Ive actually been before in my tenting days..and know where the space is...as mentioned a friends aquaintance of mine just turned up there early march in his Roller Team 6 berth so presume its ok, (This was before I actually purchased my first motorhome so hadnt thought to ask further).

Upvote 0
OP
OP
themountaintiger

themountaintiger

Free Member
Sep 27, 2009
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since 24th March 2010
We used to go on there a lot in our tenting days and we've also been on in our old Autosleeper Trident. Never seen anything bigger than a panel van on there.

Would love to go there in our Knaus!:Smile: Lovely site and lovely area!:thumb:
Great pub too - The Old Dungeon Ghyll.

Will be interesting to see if anyone has been on in a 6 / 7m van!:Smile:

They are great pubs, especially after a long walk...hmm I might have to give them a call after all. I wonder if they have a web cam????

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back