Hello from us (1 Viewer)

DebbieJohn

Free Member
Sep 27, 2010
Funster No
Hello everyone,

Nice website.

We have just bought our first motorhome, an Eldis Autostratus. We want to do our first tour tour for three weeks in November. We were thinking of going to Northern France, is is worth visiting in November or is it as miserable as here?

Debbie and John

carl65

Free Member
Jul 20, 2009
North Shields Tyne & Wear
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Hi and :welcome:to a great site you will find lots of help on here about going away i have not been abroad in mine yet but itching to

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Hi Debbie and John ,
welcome to MHF and all the help and advice it brings you.
Couldnt tell you about France in November , or any other time of the year for that matter , as we use our MH in the GB. But I'd say go for it anyway , especially if you have 3 full weeks . I certainly would.
We use our MH as much in the winter as we do in the summer. Get some good waterproofs , warm fleeces and get it used. Better than being stuck in at home , wherever you go. I.M.O.
Bev

Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009
:welcome:

Someone will be along soon who can answer your question, meanwhile welcome to Motorhomefun.

Phil

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Hi and welcome to the site. To quote some unknown person, there is no such thing as bad weather only bad clothing. With that in mind beach holidays aside, the food, drink, and Scenery are worth a visit at any time of the year. There is so much to see and do you will forget the lack of sunshine should it be cloudy or wet. Warm and dry inside the van whilst you drive and explore anyway, hee hee.
don't forget to check out our chatroom, gets busy around 21.00hrs.
welcome.gif

Wildmanfirelogo4-1.jpg

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
Hello everyone,

Nice website.

We have just bought our first motorhome, an Eldis Autostratus. We want to do our first tour tour for three weeks in November. We were thinking of going to Northern France, is is worth visiting in November or is it as miserable as here?

Debbie and John

The weather should be similar to cornwall area, but maybe a degree or two warmer if the sun shines.
If you are wanting to use sites
Most sites in France close end of September with only a few remaining open after that and most of them closing around the 7th Nov, there is a site near Paris that is open all year and maybe one or two municiple sites,check out these links

Link Removed
http://www.campingcheque.co.uk/

Both of the above give sites and if you use their card or cheques you get a discounted rate but at this time of the year i think the sites charge around the same with or without card or cheque.

If you are planning on using Aires it shouldnt be much of a problem, a good book is 'All the Aires' but there are other books and sites giving Aires as well as on the web

http://www.campingcar-infos.com/index1.htm

Use either google or babelfish free translations

Welcome to Fun

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hi Debbie and John,

Weather in N France in November is much like ours here. But in France the touring can be more exciting, the roads are very quiet, loads of deserted beaches, lots of free parking, pastries and bread to die for:Smile: You can even park up very near Paris and do the romantic tour. I'd do France in Nov over the UK, I'm not saying that its better in France in a motorhome, rather that its MUCH better:Smile:

Welcome to the fun:thumb:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Hello everyone,
is it as miserable as here?
Debbie and John

Can anywhere be as miserable as here ?

There be excitement over there. "Northern France" really takes in Holland, Belgium, Germany and Luxembourg all without doing big mileages. You've got to find something pleasing. Though it probably won't be weather.

I keep seeing and hearing about Bruges on here, never been but looks well worth a look.

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
I keep seeing and hearing about Bruges on here, never been but looks well worth a look.

Bruges is lovely Brian. We've been 5 times . Not with the MH unfortunately but on a weekend trips with P&O ferries from Hull . Great architecture and spotlessly clean and yummy chocolates, great beer :winky: There are some brilliant shops selling everything under the sun , for all tastes.
If you do go , do the horse and carriage tour around the streets first , then you know where to walk afterwards. :winky:
After you've done a P&O trip , you get sent discounted trips , usually this time of year , where you buy one and get one free. very reasonably priced .
Once we have more time on our hands to tour around , its definitely on the list of places to visit with the MH. As is all that neck of the woods.
Bev

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
To quote some unknown person, there is no such thing as bad weather only bad clothing.
I think that was Billy Connely who just happens to live in Los Angelas :winky:

Jim
::bigsmile:

OP
OP
D

DebbieJohn

Free Member
Sep 27, 2010
Funster No
Well (a big) thank you all for your answers. I think I'll book the ferry now::bigsmile:

Who gives the best deals for getting motorhomes over the channel?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back