mobile satelite dish...theVUQUBE (1 Viewer)

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Link Removed
has anybody seen one tried one or even got one what your thoughts...feedback needed
Link Removed
mel

igcw9170

Free Member
Apr 12, 2010
swansea
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
Hi,
When we decided to buy an automatic sat system we looked at a few including the VUQUBE, deciding on a low profile tracvision in the end. Although i'm sure they are all much of a muchness.
In my experience, it has turned out to be a lot of money to spend on something that works some times. It did work in one of the three sites that we visited in the south of france this summer but not in Longleat (there were some trees around us) or outside our house (no trees around us).
Very easy when they work but frustrating when they don't.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Hi Mel

Agree with Brain.. it would need stored when not in use.. very nickable

I can see little benefit over a suitcase jobbie.. or tripod dish ..

You could install a manual crank up for half the price with no black boxes to 'play up'

OP
OP
Heyupluv

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
How long before it goes walkabout ?

Brian I was thinking portable on the roof, not on the floor, but I take your point..light fingered bas----s...a lot of people have said the dome on the roof of the motorhome has put them in a higher class on the peages due to being over 3 meters...it was just a thought and the cost was less than the dome....

Mel:thumb:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
a lot of people have said the dome on the roof of the motorhome has put them in a higher class on the peages due to being over 3 meters...it was just a thought and the cost was less than the dome....

now I see where you are coming from.. :thumb:

dome, + trailer on peage roads = heart attack :roflmto:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Brian I was thinking portable on the roof, not on the floor, but I take your point..light fingered bas----s...

I was thinking of RoadRunner - had his genny nicked this year.

On the roof, in my case it would when not if I drove off with it there for a short time.

I love KISS and I think crank up will be the best long term solution.

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun

On the roof, in my case it would when not if I drove off with it there for a short time.

OK when mobile phones were the brick style how many of you drove off with em on the car roof (or was this only a motor traders trick as happened ofter amongst them:RollEyes:)

OP
OP
Heyupluv

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+

I have crank up, and like it but when windy,:Doh::Angry: MMmmmmm a bit of a pain to say the least..

Mel

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
i looked at vucube at birmingham earlier this year and asked the question about it being lifted the rep said its got a security fixing just under the handle.
but as has been said very nickable.
i saw an old hymer whilst out and about shopping one day and fixed on its roof was a sky minidish personally i have one of those maplin suitcase jobbies but have permanently fixed its mounting bracket on my roof rails just behind my big rooflight so i can adjust it from the ladder inside the van.:thumb::thumb:
i still think its expensive but i have been thinking about internet via satellite hmmm. household dish and all the kit £300 + subs. motorised motorhome system £3000 + subs why???

andy.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
i looked at vucube at birmingham earlier this year and asked the question about it being lifted the rep said its got a security fixing just under the handle.

do you mean this one....:roflmto:
looks like a pop rivet to secure the bracket :Doh:

Attachments

• sat nav.jpg
    sat nav.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 42
OP
OP
Heyupluv

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
do you mean this one....:roflmto:
looks like a pop rivet to secure the bracket :Doh:

John .......That looks like it will keep the thieves at bay.....STRONG....SAFE.....and what a waste of time and effort putting a padlock on :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Mel

motor roamin

Funster
May 23, 2010
Leicester
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2 mins
OK when mobile phones were the brick style how many of you drove off with em on the car roof (or was this only a motor traders trick as happened ofter amongst them:RollEyes:)

I had one of those Panasonic suit case jobies left it on the roof twice, got away withit first time, and yes I was in the motor trade, do you remember when we all had the same ring tone one phone rang at an auction and twenty traders answered their phones:Doh::Doh::Doh:

All the best Rick

Sep 16, 2010
Bungay Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail TrackerEKS
Exp
Since 2010
Satelite dish kit B and Q

Band Q are selling a 65mm sat dish with sat box with remote (HD) incl 20mtrs cable and HDMI cable and LNB all for £50. have a look.

Mitch.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Band Q are selling a 65mm sat dish with sat box with remote (HD) incl 20mtrs cable and HDMI cable and LNB all for £50. have a look.

Mitch.
unfortunately they are 230v mains....fine if you're on hookup but could only be used with an inverter if not.

Apr 23, 2010
Isle Of Man
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 years
Vuqube satellite tv

Hi
this is my first post so bear with me,yes I have a Vuqube bought it when I got my new van as I didn't want to drill holes in the roof.
I purchased a bracket and then placed it on the rear door of the van,its very easy to fit and remove and stays in the house through the bad winter months,as for security its fixed to the bracket via a steel cable and padlock.
As for its operation, well its really simple and fast and all done from the comfort of being inside via the remote control and the big plus for me was that its twin lnb so just plug it into my Sky+ box and away you go.

Steve.
p.s. will supply a picture hopefully!!:Smile:

Attachments

• IMG_0038.jpg
    IMG_0038.jpg
    195.9 KB · Views: 20

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries