Oct 15, 2007
Five Roads Alyth
Funster No
MH
A class RV
Exp
since 2005
Tyres that is.....

Blowing up MH tyres requires something a little more than you average pump so, I manage at home as I have a compressor etc so easy, but what about out and about?

Genral recomendations would be appreciated, model where but also a thought that crossed my mind is what about a small compressor, not a specific tyre inflator but a general one that I could use as a compressor limitations of size accepted, and running on 240 ac wouldn't be a problem either, whether hookup or more likely fire up the geni, got to find some use for it:ROFLMAO:

Anyway, thoughts folks?

philw111

Free Member
Mar 22, 2009
Moray Firth
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr 484
Exp
Since 2004
Blowing up MH tyres requires something a little more than you average pump
I don't know what you mean - I use a standard footpump to do my tyres (honest). It can make your leg ache a bit if a lot of air is needed:Sad:

Phil

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Dodgey, in my opinion, for the amount of use it would be a waste of space and payload. :Doh:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Dodgey
Oct 15, 2007
Five Roads Alyth
Funster No
MH
A class RV
Exp
since 2005
I don't know what you mean - I use a standard footpump to do my tyres (honest). It can make your leg ache a bit if a lot of air is needed:Sad:

Phil

I tryed that on the old Dodge and my trusty double barreled pump of years broke first press, well I did put both feet therefore full weight on it to try and push down:Doh:

65 PSI into a 19.5" tyre requires some force basically, and I believe alot of Euros encounter this game as well, that or your pumps made from girders and you're Geoff Capes:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
We have an AA pump which is more than adequate. Our tyres are 60 psi and no problem. If you are at Lincold I will lend you it to try. OOps SWMBO just told it's not in the van.

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
I use a Stanley Biostich tank compressor

Tyres that is.....

Blowing up MH tyres requires something a little more than you average pump so, I manage at home as I have a compressor etc so easy, but what about out and about?

Genral recomendations would be appreciated, model where but also a thought that crossed my mind is what about a small compressor, not a specific tyre inflator but a general one that I could use as a compressor limitations of size accepted, and running on 240 ac wouldn't be a problem either, whether hookup or more likely fire up the geni, got to find some use for it:ROFLMAO:

Anyway, thoughts folks?

I purchased a whole kit from Screwfix for about £150 that was a Stanley Bostick compressor that has an air tank.. not over heavy, but is not small.. but would fit in to t locker on a yank... I have a comerical airline and pump.. the un it I have I use at home but could be used on an RV off the generator OK.. It can also do paint, wrench and nail unit etc., It was one of the cheapest and samllest I could find.

Bob:thumb:

OP
OP
Dodgey
Oct 15, 2007
Five Roads Alyth
Funster No
MH
A class RV
Exp
since 2005
We have an AA pump which is more than adequate. Our tyres are 60 psi and no problem. If you are at Lincold I will lend you it to try. OOps SWMBO just told it's not in the van.

Thanks, not at Lincoln anyway:cry:

I purchased a whole kit from Screwfix for about £150 that was a Stanley Bostick compressor that has an air tank.. not over heavy, but is not small.. but would fit in to t locker on a yank... I have a comerical airline and pump.. the un it I have I use at home but could be used on an RV off the generator OK.. It can also do paint, wrench and nail unit etc., It was one of the cheapest and samllest I could find.

I'll have a look:thumb:

wasp

Free Member
Dec 21, 2008
Warsop
Funster No
MH
None gone caravannin
Exp
You could have a look at Machine Mart they do all sorts of compressors:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

May 3, 2008
North Wales
Funster No
MH
A class Carthago Chic I47
Exp
34 years
Tech/mech general

Hi Simon/Sarah, Come over and see our power pack (if you're at Lincoln Show) we bought one from Costco a few years ago - Maplins have the same one on sale now :thumb:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
I purchased a whole kit from Screwfix for about £150 that was a Stanley Bostick compressor that has an air tank. used on an RV off the generator OK.

Makes note: "Don't park near him at a meet".

OP
OP
Dodgey
Oct 15, 2007
Five Roads Alyth
Funster No
MH
A class RV
Exp
since 2005
Makes note: "Don't park near him at a meet".

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I hear that, I SAID I HEAR THAT:Blush:

Hopefully this is not something one need to regularly on the road, check before setting off, though longer trips, yes checks required.

What's niggling me is when we had a puncture recently and had to put the spare on I couldn't check the pressure, and was accordingly a little concerned, one of the dual rear set up blew. Now I had chacked the spare and it was at pressure but it's a right fag to check so (my bad) it only tend to get done once in a blue moon, ie I hadn't done it recently:Doh:

Basically I don't want to waste money on something the either isn't capable, dispite manufacturers claims, of inflating the tyres, even a little, takes forever, trips out due to overheat regualarly or simply fails quickly due to any or all of these.

imprint

Free Member
Jul 14, 2009
Funster No
Bobslob, my dear old thing, I know recently retired legal beagles do rather well, but having your own commercial airline??

I quote from a post I made elsewhere, a few weeks ago :

"on Monday evening, I took the chance to finish an article on First Aid…and sent it humming down to one of my editors.

Two days later, on Wednesday, I finished some work on the van and started lugging the compressor round our garage with one hand, and the reel for its air-line with the other. Willie Walsh of British Airways isn’t the only one to have troubles with an airline this week. I trapped my fingers in the reel, and at that stage I thought I’d broken 2 or 3 fingers – over the years, I’ve broken many more than I’ve got, with rugger, cricket, etc etc. So, having got the MH’s old battery undone, I could neither replace it nor fit the new one. Great amusement by various people at my expense- the article and the accident a day or so later – I daren’t tell the editor till he’s published it…

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back