LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
Sat on a CL at Caistor near Lincoln. My 3 dongle will connect but then keeps dropping out. I have connected my phone (E71) again with 3 and no porblem. What I can't understand is both with 3 so why does the phone connect but dongle drops out?
Full HSDPA by the way on both. :RollEyes:

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
Same with my BT dongle cant always connect yet can always get online through the phone on 3. Got through my monthly allowance quickly though.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I think 3 might be having a problem today. I was trying to look at the BBC news pages on my phone earlier and it just came up with the Internet FAQ page. Haven't tried the dongle as we are at home.

Graham

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 21, 2008
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Symbol
Exp
Van Conversion
3 dongls

Hi Ken and Steff
Its the same here in Skeg there is to many people with 3 dongles on the network and vodafones not much better.:cry:
You should be OK first thing in the morning and later in the evening.::bigsmile:
Alan

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Sat on a CL at Caistor near Lincoln. My 3 dongle will connect but then keeps dropping out. I have connected my phone (E71) again with 3 and no porblem. What I can't understand is both with 3 so why does the phone connect but dongle drops out?
Full HSDPA by the way on both. :RollEyes:

hi Ken... For what it is worth I have an E72 and when I use it as a modem to connect my laptop to the internet it does so at 460 Kps (on T-Mobile.) When I use my T-Mobile dongle it connects at anything up to 3 mbs...

I find sometimes the fast dongle connection a bit tempermental whilst the slower one is slower but surer...

JJ

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Could be that the dongle is only set to connect if 3G/3G+ is available but the phone will still connect even if just 2G (GPRS) coverage is there.

Graham

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back