LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
I didnt realise how expensive these refillable gas bottle kits were.
If I was going down this route I would have a permanent tank fitted, freeing up a locker for storage.
Am sure the tank would not cost much more than the bottle kit,with dare I say, bonus of no filling issues.
I have habitation tanks fitted on both the RV and my VW,they are no heavier than equivalant sized bottles,and dont take up locker space.
But as always....Thats only my opinion!!!

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
and I thought Gaslow was expensive!!!

Wyn

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

ArenqueRojo

Free Member
Nov 10, 2008
Anywhere in Europe, so fa
Funster No
MH
A-class
Exp
13 years
I would look to Autogas (aka Alugas) for better pricing.
BTW there are some plastic refillables coming onto the Euro shelves which look like a better bet than even the Alugas.
Problem is that Calor control the UK market and they are wholly owned by the European vendors, AGA (aka lots of other names) and they don't want to upset the very profitable UK pricing policy.
Patrick

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
AFAIK all the newer US gas bottles have the float shut-off system-----so are easy/safe to refill--------------they are really cheap to buy in US----I would think it would be cheaper to import these------------------or contact one of the RV importers to see if they have any spare ( they usually change them for Calor bottles!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
Nigel Ontario

Swift

Banned
Sep 13, 2010
Funster No
I have Gaslow, as Jock says at least you can take it with you if you sell. Mine is great and cheap to run from the minimal time I have had it.

OP
OP
F

freelanderuk

Free Member
Sep 24, 2009
Saltfleet/Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
i had a look at gaslow prices and it seems dearer for a twin bottle set up , they also do the alugas bottles for £410.99 inc vat

Mandaxxx

Free Member
Feb 19, 2010
Wherever we stop.
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
My husband fitted one 11kg Gaslow cylinder to our Hymer, there is still room in the locker for the levelling blocks & the water hose. The Gaslow works a treat and is very economical to run and as said before you can take it with you when you change van!:thumb:

John & Joan

Free Member
Mar 30, 2010
Darlington
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
10 years this time
I went down the route of an underslung tank. (80 litres about 40kg which is double the capacity available in bottles.) It then released the gas locker for 2 x 110ah batteries and a 1600w inverter.

The original gas regulators and change over system are still in place and it would be a simple matter of changing the feed from the tank back to the bottles and taking the tank off if I wished to do so.

Cost was £800 fitted.

John

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
think i'll stick with my 30 GALLON (or so it says on the plate) underslung domestic tank....

with my usage it only needs filling every 3 years :ROFLMAO:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back