LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
Put Windows 7 on my desktop today. Great but no 64 bit drivers from Epson. Good quality gear as well R800 printer and perfection 2450 photo scanner. Wouldn't you thnk Epson would be up to speed on this? :Angry:

Driver for the prnter but it doesn't work properly

OP
OP
Munchie

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
should have been more accurate. There are so called drivers but with the printer there should be a function to check the ink levels (8 of) and there isn't also printer shows as a different model. The scanner only works with a TWAIN compliant software i.e. photoshop. No copy or fax functions. Double cheched they are the correct drivers grrrrrrrrr:Angry:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Several peripheral manufacturers don't bother providing updated drivers for new operating systems for machines they no longer sell - not that they want you to buy replacement kit of course :Smile:

I've normally found Epson pretty good but you sometimes have to search around their site a bit to find the correct driver. Epson support have been pretty good in the past as well.

Graham

OP
OP
Munchie

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
Hi, got the printer working Thanks Jim I think there must have been a corruption with my original download. Scanner? no 64bit driver nor was there one for Vista so I could run it in compatability mode.:Angry:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Hi, got the printer working Thanks Jim I think there must have been a corruption with my original download. Scanner? no 64bit driver nor was there one for Vista so I could run it in compatability mode.:Angry:

It's an age thing Ken - you're supposed to have worn that scanner out well before now ::bigsmile:

Graham

OP
OP
Munchie

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
I know Graham, I thought I was dead this morning cos I woke up and nuthin hurt. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Bit rough though on Epsons part, scanner was top of the A4 range when I bought it and would expect support for longer. In their FAQ's someone else asked the question and they recommend you buy software from Vuescan :Eeek:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I know Graham, I thought I was dead this morning cos I woke up and nuthin hurt. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
I always knew Steph was kind - letting you wake up before she belted you :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Bit rough though on Epsons part, scanner was top of the A4 range when I bought it and would expect support for longer.
It's the BIO factor - Built In Obsolescence :roflmto:

In their FAQ's someone else asked the question and they recommend you buy software from Vuescan :Eeek:
Never heard of them.

Graham

OP
OP
Munchie

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
Never heard of them. Graham[/QUOTE said:
Nor had I graham. :whatthe: US company apparently. Nice of Epson tho, sell you their gear then tell you where to buy the software to run it :Eeek:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back