Free Member
Mar 28, 2010
Lutterworth
Funster No
MH
A Beastie
Exp
Since July 2010
Me and the pooches are finally heading off next saturday for France and should get to Calais by 4pm. Can anyone recommend an Aires or preferably a site no more than an hour from Calais? Direction is unimportant as I have no set plan of action I just want to park up and feed the furbabies as soon as poss. ::bigsmile:

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
there are several sites not far from calais a few are in the camping cheque book, you dont have to use camping cheques if you havent got them but they do give a discount on the site fees also there are some in the acsi book once again the card gives a discount at the site but the sites are open to all, you can check them out online, we usually head for chateau de gandesppette at the start and finish of a holiday as we use the vet just down the road. if you havent got the books save the links and use from your comp

http://www.campingcheque.co.uk/

Link Removed

Soundman

Free Member
May 1, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
16 Years
La Bein Assise, Guines

Me and the pooches are finally heading off next Saturday for France and should get to Calais by 4pm. Can anyone recommend an Aires or preferably a site no more than an hour from Calais? Direction is unimportant as I have no set plan of action I just want to park up and feed the furbabies as soon as poss. ::bigsmile:

We stayed at this site in Guines only a couple of weeks ago for our first nights stay after leaving the tunnel. Big site with lots on it.

La Bein Assise. Look at page 366 in ACSI book. They also have a website
Head towards Boulogne {not Calais} on A16 exit at junction 36 follow D231.
This is a good road even tho it winds round you don't go thro any towns and lorries use it so theres room for you ! it passes the entrance to the campsite cant miss it.
Route given in book is on very narrow roads and thru Guines town centre.

Beware! One night cost us 38 Euros. I think that was because we were in peak season then (Aug 28th).

Soundman

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DBSilverfox

Free Member
May 13, 2010
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
Since May 2010
I would agree - get the aires book. We just got back from Normandy and our last night was at Quend Plage les Pins, just down the road from Fort La Mahon. It is a great aire backing on to the dunes and literally 40 yards from the entrance to the beach. Town has several restaurants and it is about 50 miles from Calais.

There is also Fort La Mahon and Le Crotoy in the nearby area

Have fun

David

Dec 24, 2009
bedworth warks
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
2009 previously a tugger for thirty years
LOL - Quend Plage, it is right in the centre of things its true, but someone we met last month said they were there for one night and the Disco was banging out until well after midnight! However one would imagine that is most unlikely to be the case by now - looked like Berck sur Mer was shutting up for the winter when we left on 31st Aug. Most of the shops and cafes on the front were closed, including the Kite shop.

Went to Quend one day in Oct last year and all it needed really was the tumbleweed!

:ROFLMAO:

The big aire at Le Crotoy is good, at any time of year. The little sandy one is a bit 'out' of it really IMHO unless you have a horde of kids and want to be straight onto the beach. There is masses of space all round the big un for doggies, you are on the seafront and it's only a spit into the town (village LOL) - 3 mins walk?

DBSilverfox

Free Member
May 13, 2010
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
Since May 2010
I would agree Le Crotoy is great for walking the dogs - just make sure you like mussels if you are eating out though :RollEyes:

David

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
Le Crotoy is nice place with a large Aire south of the harbour, Guines camp site is great and its only 30/45 mins from the ferry port, as said it takes acsi, Le Crotoy may be a tad far if you just want to get off the ferry and get sorted quickly.
Jim
:Smile::Smile:

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
:Smile:
We stayed at this site in Guines only a couple of weeks ago for our first nights stay after leaving the tunnel. Big site with lots on it.

La Bein Assise. Look at page 366 in ACSI book. They also have a website
Head towards Boulogne {not Calais} on A16 exit at junction 36 follow D231.
This is a good road even tho it winds round you don't go thro any towns and lorries use it so theres room for you ! it passes the entrance to the campsite cant miss it.
Route given in book is on very narrow roads and thru Guines town centre.

Beware! One night cost us 38 Euros. I think that was because we were in peak season then (Aug 28th).

Soundman

Great site. It cost us 15 Euros a night in early July using the ASCI card.
Jim

wivvy's dad

Free Member
Jun 22, 2010
Funster No
MH
Transit LWB Hi-Top PVC
Exp
On and Off since '98
We found a great little Aire last week on the D940 heading South from Calais.
It's in Ambleteuse, about 15 miles South of Calais, just before the dunes at Slack.
It's just a field attached to a very small farm, and if you blink you'll miss the sign.
We arrived there at about 2am, and we had breakfast there in the morning, and still no one bothered to take any money from us.

The map ref is:
N: 50 48' 23.0''
E: 001 36' 53.5''

Mags52

Free Member
Jun 2, 2010
Melrose Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Hymer B774
Exp
Since 2010
La Ferme des Aulnes is an hour south of Calais near a little town called Nampont. It takes Camping Cheques. We are there right now - it's very quaint and pretty with good facilities. By the way it's a bit chilly in Northern France just now - having said that we've come up from the Vendee where we were swimming and sunbathing so not acclimatised yet.
Happy travels!

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
There is good wild camping in Hardelot, about 20min drive South of Calais.
Jim
:Smile:

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
Hi, the park up at Calais is very safe, well lit, no facilities and next door to the police!!

Coordinates:
N50'58.037 E1'52.108

Its just a few minutes away from when you get off the ferry.... Have stayed overnight without any problems,

S

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back