LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
Hi funsters, Just wanted to share this with you. It was sent to me via my Newfoundland facebook club, the more its seen the better.

But also serves as a timely reminder to all dog owners ot take care. Just how some people can be so mean is so shocking.

Subject: NEWFOUNDLAND DOGS STOLEN FROM GARDEN
Hi everyone
Can you please help spread the word. 2 pet Newfoundland dogs were stolen from their garden yesterday morning Friday 6th August 2010 in Barnsley, Yorkshire S70 UK.
Indi and Jojo female Newfoundland's. Jojo (black with white on chest) is 7 months and Indi (black) is 4 years.
Please join the Facebook group below and tell family and friends to keep a look out for these dogs as they could be anywhere in the country by now.
As you can imagine the family is beside themselves with worry, so come on everyone, please help. Imagine how we would feel if these were our dogs STOLEN...Many thanks to you all..
June falconer X
Link Removed

OP
OP
haganap

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
try this one Janine, it might be because you have to be a member

Link Removed

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
Hi Paul have copied n pasted to my wall on FB, hope they are found soon... could it be a case of partners falling out ?

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
This is a despicable act and I realy feel for the owners,the more people that can be contacted via email,internet etc,the better chance of finding them safely.
What suprises me is they wernt seen taking them...they are not realy small animals,and what did they transport them in?

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
There was a spate of dogs being nicked last year, up here in Barnsley.Not sure if they were dog-de-bores ? Also a few Staffies went a few years back.
terry

OP
OP
haganap

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
This is a despicable act and I realy feel for the owners,the more people that can be contacted via email,internet etc,the better chance of finding them safely.
What suprises me is they wernt seen taking them...they are not realy small animals,and what did they transport them in?

Where Newfies are concerned Dave, way too trusting, nothing a good bit of cake and a transit van parked up wouldn't cure. :Sad:

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Years ago when we first got togther, his daughter had Pete's Lurcher bitch in her back garden and she disappeared. You almost could accept it as long as you knew they had a good home ...... that was by far the worst thing for me, and she wasn't even my dog.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
It isn't just from gardens Paul, there are often dogs stolen in this area from cars in car parks.... I no longer leave Sasha in the car in car parks at supermarkets .... Like Sedge says, it helps if you know they are still being loved but the not knowing must be awful.:Sad:

OP
OP
haganap

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
All is not how it seems.

Just been looking for an update on this from the Newfoundland club. Here is what was said

"Jojo the Newfoundland was supposedly stolen from her owners back garden on August the 6th 2010. Investigations have proven otherwise and have shown through various advert etc that she was more than likely sold. Jojo approaching 8 months is under a "NO SALE OR REHOME" contract enforced by the breeder. We need to locate this dog urgently so that Jojo's breeder can keep in touch with the new owners to keep informed of her progress! If you have any info, please contact any Admin of this group. DogLost.co.uk, the RSPCA, POLICE or any Newfoundland breed club"

Some people are really strange,,,

thought I would update.

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
I dread leaving Ezzie on her own

I dread leaving Ezzie on her own as St Bernards are also very desired and get stolen from time to time.. they are so soft they would go off with anyone that says hello... don't say it, she will be all over you.. you have been warned.

But I think it is bad this happens.. but look at the price these days of a puppy? or for that matter a cat.

Bob:Eeek:

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Me thinks these woosy dogs need toughening up a tad:Doh:
Any one fancy nicking our Cat, help yerself, youll find him in the RV at most meets and shows
Ps. you pay your own medical bills:winky:
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Geo

Oct 15, 2007
Five Roads Alyth
Funster No
MH
A class RV
Exp
since 2005
Any one fancy nicking our Cat, help yerself, youll find him in the RV at most meets and shows
Geo

That's why our cat gets NOWWHERE NEAR WINNE, it wouldn't just be medical, it'd be a total makeover for the RV AS WELL:Doh:

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
I do hope they have registered the loss on the national pet register and that they are chipped.

We know someone whose pet was stolen a few years ago. The only reason they got the pet back was because it was involved in a road accident and the chip was checked at the Vets.

Heres hoping their dogs are found soon.

Simba

Free Member
May 17, 2010
Basildon, Essex. UK
Funster No
MH
Gone back to tugging
Exp
Since 2009-2013
Hi Paul. Have forwarded this onto the Bernese Mountain Dog Clubs to circulate. Hope that they find them soon.
Bill & Jenny.

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
I have always worried about Bruno especially when he was younger as so many people wanted to meet him.

He so soft and friendly ------ heh he even put up with chatters hardhat:whistle:

Living dangerouly or what:whistle:

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

:thanks2: BTW Again Maggie (chatters) and Lyndon RV you both superstars to Bruno and I :thanks2:

Link Removed

weekenders

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2008
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
15 years
Geo

Don't let pammy know you want her cat stolen Geo!!

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
I have always worried about Bruno especially when he was younger as so many people wanted to meet him.

He so soft and friendly ------ heh he even put up with chatters hardhat:whistle:

Living dangerouly or what:whistle:

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

:thanks2: BTW Again Maggie (chatters) and Lyndon RV you both superstars to Bruno and I :thanks2:

Link Removed

hehehehe now arent you just lucky im not at shepton 'boyo', Bruno would spend his time wandering between us me thinks (chatter does miss him, she enjoyed walks with a big protecter - but not at treat time cos it means more for her) :thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back