New member (1 Viewer)

V

Vince43

Deleted User
Hi, Just joined today. Hav'nt as yet got a motorhome as I don't know what to buy. As we are retired I was thinking of a 2 berth but wife thinks we should get a 4 berth as mite take grandchildren on holiday at sometime.:Cool: Anyway I mite get some ideas of what to look for from this site.
Thanks Vince43

May 16, 2010
North Hykeham
Funster No
MH
Custom
Exp
much more now
Welcome to the madhouse Vince....i cant give you a lot of advice because I haven't been an owner myself for that long but there are plenty on this forum that will give you excellent advice.:thumb::thumb::thumb:

laneside

Funster
Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
laneside

Hi and a warm welcome to fun.

We are also recently retired and just love going off in our Motorhome.

Our advice would be to get to as many dealers as possible and look at the vast array of different vans,sit in them for as long as you like, but above all take your time to find the nearest you can that suits your needs.

Too big and it may not go everywhere you want to especially into some carparks,

To small and yes you will often hear can we come with you please.

Enjoy the search Alan and Lynda

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
welcome to the mad house of motor home owning

Hi, Just joined today. Hav'nt as yet got a motorhome as I don't know what to buy. As we are retired I was thinking of a 2 berth but wife thinks we should get a 4 berth as mite take grandchildren on holiday at sometime.:Cool: Anyway I mite get some ideas of what to look for from this site.
Thanks Vince43

Hi Vince,

Welcome to the Funsters.. we all had to start some place and this is as good an area as any. I suggest you buy some motor home magazines and look at waht is on offer. May be take in a show (motor home that is) visit as a day visitor and get to see what is in the market place. Find something you like then the hunt is on subject to how much you want to spend.

My first motor home we purchased back 23 /24 years back. No internet then, no ebay, we just visited a dealer and in a few weeks was in Spain in a second hand motor... broke down, but here we are many years on with our third American RV (Yanks call them RV's over here we call them motor homes). But you have to start some place and this site for info is well worth the £12 subscription for the year. OK we do not have a glossy magazine, but you have hundreds of owners to get info from.

Good luck and look forward to seeing your posts.

Bob:Eeek:

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
Hi Vince

Welcome to MH Fun.

Best starting out advice look at as many motorhomes as possible at shows, dealers don't just look outside get in sit down see if you think you will be comfortable on a wet day imagine cooking showering etc., then you can begin to form an opinion.

Best of luck.

Dave :thumb::thumb:

dellwood33

Free Member
Apr 25, 2009
Newcastle
Funster No
MH
italian crap
Exp
too long
Hi Vince & welcome to the Funster site ::bigsmile:
There are a couple of Motorhome Shows this month, one at Shepton Mallet and the other at Lincoln. Don't know where you hail from, but one of them may be worth a visit to see a wide range of motorhomes :Smile:

flyingwelcome

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Hi and welcome to the fun, your wife may have a point worth thinking about. do you want to take them with you? Think about that, all those icecreams you will have to eat and all the sticky finger marks in the van, the scribbling on the wall etc.or do you want quality time fishing, relaxing, drinking and reading in your twilight years, hee hee:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back