Free Member
Sep 25, 2007
UK
Funster No
MH
5th Wheel
Exp
30+
The slideout awning on my Landau has come apart at the front end over a length of about 24". It's not ripped, whats happened is that at the coach side awning rail (inner edge) of the awning, the material is doubled back on itself and bonded to form a loop for a 6mm plastic rod which is then fed into the rail.
The bonding has come apart.
What should I re-bond it with?
Is there a propriatory glue?
Linda? :)

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
Do a search for awning repairers.

Theres loads of them out there mainly for caravans.

Might be best long term solution.

L

Lindy-C

Deleted User
The slideout awning on my Landau has come apart at the front end over a length of about 24". It's not ripped, whats happened is that at the coach side awning rail (inner edge) of the awning, the material is doubled back on itself and bonded to form a loop for a 6mm plastic rod which is then fed into the rail.

There isn't as far as I know Paul.
That said, it should be safe to use any adhesive designed for use on soft plastics - Evo-stick do one...inexpensive and effective. Alternatively try a sail repair adhesive.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Tony Santara

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Cheshire (ex Mancunian)
Funster No
MH
A class RV
Exp
since 1994

Hi Paul
Powerbond is a good adhesive sticks anything to anything

www.powerbondUK.com

Harley Dave

Free Member
Oct 15, 2007
Overton, Hants
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
<1
I agree, it does look like super (duper) glue - seems it will stick fingers too!!

Copied from their website

Question 10 What would happen if I got it on my skin?

Answer: The place most likely to come into contact with Powerbond, for obvious reasons, is your fingers. If you got it on your fingers simply rub them together in small circular motions, this renders the adhesive harmless and the resultant film can either be peeled off or washed off with warm soapy water. If you were to hold your fingers together and press for a few seconds then, yes, they would bond; this is nothing to be unduly concerned about however. Powerbond is supplied with a high performance Debonder, a glue remover, which can be used to free bonded fingers or unbond badly bonded items.

Cheers

Dave

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back