Your experience in comfortable chairs needed (1 Viewer)

Apr 18, 2009
Englishman in Mid Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584, A Class
Exp
Not long enough!
Right everyone, we are after a couple of nice light, comfy, folding chairs, idealy to fit in a motorhome (when we get one) SWMBO has a bad neck so they need to be high backed so she can rest her neck and ajustable, been looking at Link Removed
but any suggestions would be greatfully received:thumb:

May 16, 2010
North Hykeham
Funster No
MH
Custom
Exp
much more now
Right everyone, we are after a couple of nice light, comfy, folding chairs, idealy to fit in a motorhome (when we get one) SWMBO has a bad neck so they need to be high backed so she can rest her neck and ajustable, been looking at Link Removed
but any suggestions would be greatfully received:thumb:
As someone with a bad back (I was born with it) I can safely say they would be bad for your wifes back.....but here is something akin to what I've just bought and found succesful..
Link Removed :thumb::thumb::thumb:

Upvote 0

Landy lover

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2009
Zummerzet
Funster No
MH
27ft Eurolight
Exp
Camping Caravaning now 5'ering 49 years
Very similar problems - SWMO has a dodgy back - and I can never find a comfortable chair - have tried many different types and none any good - now we have found the perfect ones Oztent King Goanna Chair
- a high backed folding chair with sensible arm rests and an adjustable lumbar support. So comfortable that I have fell asleep in them a couple of times - that good they have a 5 year warranty on them. Not cheap but very very comfortable Link Removed

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
wizzer59
Apr 18, 2009
Englishman in Mid Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584, A Class
Exp
Not long enough!
Cheers acting_strange they look realy good just the sort of thing I'm looking for.

The thing is we saw the Royals at a show and just sat on them for a couple of moments which is obviously is not enough so your input is just the sort of thing we're after. Thanks

Upvote 0

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
I suffer with a bad neck etc and none of those would suit me IMHO as the seat sinks on them badly and your spine then is not kept level and the lafuma with the bendy shaped top would thrust the neck forward too much which is not good for neck sufferer's

I did try one at knutsford, for £39 pounds just up from the tent selling the cadac lids cheaply about 2 or 3 tents up, 2 lads were there... they only had goods outside their tent on the floor and stockpiles inside only.

It was like the lafuma material & had a high back (no bendy neck bits )

My advice is wait for a show etc and test them, in theory they sound good but...

Upvote 0

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
Totally agree with champers if your wife's comfort is of maximum importance she needs to try them herself, or you could be in trouble. :winky:

Another thing to think about is weight as you have yet to decide on your motorhome, some of the chairs are heavy & take up a lot of room.

Good luck with your hunt.

Upvote 0

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
We've just bought a couplle of these:-

Link RemovedLink Removed

after a lot of shopping around. As well as fitting all the other requirements they are very light which wasn't the case with most chairs we tried.

Wyn

Upvote 0

MrJinks

Free Member
Sep 1, 2008
Dorchester, Dorset
Funster No
MH
C Class RV
Exp
6 years
We both have the Royal chairs and can vouch that they are sturdy and very comfortable. :thumb:

However, do not suffer any back problems so cannot say if they would suit you

Upvote 0

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
We've just bought a couplle of these:-

Link Removed

after a lot of shopping around. As well as fitting all the other requirements they are very light which wasn't the case with most chairs we tried.

Wyn

Yes this is very much what the was i was mentioning about was like..... just remembered it wasnt the stand i had mentioned after all ...that is a good price, excellent for your spine not , sagging in the middle:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Upvote 0

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi we have a couple of the Royal -slide in the bag - chairs and find them quite good :thumb: compared to the 5 quiders :Smile: These have been mostly relegated to the garage or take one for the dog now as we bought 2 La farma type chairs ( recliners ) for £15 each from morryisons 2 years ago in the end of season sale :thumb::thumb:Although heavier ( steel instead of ali )THEY ARE MEGGA COMFY:thumb: but do take up a bit of room.
They were on offer at £30 each ( down from 50 )a couple of weeks back from Netto and morrys so if you drop on lucky you may get them for 15 each if you wait.Either way at 30 each I would not hesitate to buy a couple more if the need arisen. :thumb:I also bought 6 thermos ice boxes for 2 quid each again reduced in the sale but kept one and gave the others away :ROFLMAO: so mine ended up costing me £12 :Sad::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:Still it is there if we ever need one -gathering dust in the back of the garage.
terry

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back