Bloody alarm's gone off again (1 Viewer)

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
What a racket.. I have a VanBitz alarm and it has gone off again. This time it is showing 5 rapid red light bleeps in the 6 second period of time.. Book says it is the glass breaker that has been activated.

No nothing broken.. just went off on it's own account in the middle of the morning on a Sunday.. parked off the road on our drive, no one near it.

I hope I have not got to make another trip from Kent to Taunton to VanBitz again. I have had intermitant faults with the Strike Back alarm system fitted by them. If they are at Bath & West I will pop past there pitch and have a word with Nick, Eddie or Lynn... Never seem to track down what sets it off.. perhaps it is just to sensative? You out there Eddie?

Anyway, my neighbours just love me.

Bob:cry:

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
What a racket.. I have a VanBitz alarm and it has gone off again. This time it is showing 5 rapid red light bleeps in the 6 second period of time.. Book says it is the glass breaker that has been activated.

No nothing broken.. just went off on it's own account in the middle of the morning on a Sunday.. parked off the road on our drive, no one near it.

I hope I have not got to make another trip from Kent to Taunton to VanBitz again. I have had intermitant faults with the Strike Back alarm system fitted by them. If they are at Bath & West I will pop past there pitch and have a word with Nick, Eddie or Lynn... Never seem to track down what sets it off.. perhaps it is just to sensative? You out there Eddie?

Anyway, my neighbours just love me.

Bob:cry:
note:- park at the far end of the funsters site in the noisey corner. Hee hee.

kkclassic

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
South Coast
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Hi

We have had problems with the glass break sensor on the Strikeback and found that if it was windy then the Venetian blinds rattling around next to the sensor were causing it to activate. We have replaced the awful blinds with roller blinds and curtains and haven't had any problems since.

Hope this helps

Kevin and Tricia

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 4, 2010
Mid. Glamorgan, S. Wales
Funster No
MH
Motorhutch / Toy Camper
Exp
Since 2010
note:- park at the far end of the funsters site in the noisey corner. Hee hee.

Well, I'm not convinced that the issue with my alarm going off for no good reason has been fixed, so add me to the noisy corner list. :Blush:

Add some more flashing lights, set them all off, and maybe we can do a good impression of a fairground :Doh: :Smile:

BTW....Country Tracks forecast this morning said showers all week, but getting warmer by the weekend.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Oh dear, Neil be careful what you say. Scran set his flashing lights and musical horn off constantly ..... Ambleside will never be the same again...:ROFLMAO:

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
Hi Bob, arm it in the night mode and give us a call on Monday we will talk you through a few checks

Eddie

OP
OP
slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
I thought you would be hiding out there somewhere!

Hi Bob, arm it in the night mode and give us a call on Monday we will talk you through a few checks

Eddie

OK Eddie will put it in the night mode and give you a call tomorrow.

I thought if I cursed you enough it might make you show up on the page:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I take it you will be at Bath & West for me to come and annoy and look at the photos of the boat? - Call you tomorrow.

Bob:Blush:

OP
OP
slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
the cats are on and off it all the time in daytime

Have you checked for Mice

Paul

Hard standing and we have two cats as well as the dog, cats have shown no interest.. and I doubt if we had mice they could set of the glass break alarm up near the roof on the wall.

Thanks anyway.

Bob

Dec 4, 2007
worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Winnebago
Exp
20 years
Hard standing and we have two cats as well as the dog, cats have shown no interest.. and I doubt if we had mice they could set of the glass break alarm up near the roof on the wall.

Thanks anyway.

Bob

So you only have a break glass sensor in there no P I R sensors do you get any traffic rumble past as break glass sensors work off viberation, l have picked up field mice in my RV when we have been away camping but l dont have two cats in my RV, you may be able to get the alarm fitter to turn the sensertivite of the senor down.

Paul

OP
OP
slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
we have a couple of sensors

So you only have a break glass sensor in there no P I R sensors do you get any traffic rumble past as break glass sensors work off viberation, l have picked up field mice in my RV when we have been away camping but l dont have two cats in my RV, you may be able to get the alarm fitter to turn the sensertivite of the senor down.

Paul

We have a glass break sensor and a movement sensor in the cab area. The cab one is the one I have to adjust and have spoken to Van Bitz and got instructions how to do it. I just think it is a bit to sensitive and can react I know if something drops of the dash such as the sat or phone holder. The glass one is up high and in a fairly protected area.. I suspect it is the boy racers going by and it causes a viabration of sorts.... Will discuss it with Eddie or Nick of Van Bitz (or Lyn as she is knows a lot about the Winnebagos and the system they install) at Bath & West as there is no pattern to it going off. - no it is not mice.:RollEyes:

Bob

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back