Please be kind I'm very new to this! (1 Viewer)

purpledoghouse

Free Member
Sep 4, 2010
lancashire
Funster No
Exp
since Aug 2010!
Hi All
We're very new to this campervan life but are loving it! Have only had our van for a little less than a month now prompted by a very dear friend who has been diagnoised with terminal cancer :cry:. We have been saving for years and saying when we can afford it but as he said do it now and enjoy so we have and we are ::bigsmile:. Sometimes we all need a wakeup call to make us jump into the unknown. We have three dogs who are very happy not to be in a tent getting wet I must admit and now the kids don't want to come with us we have more than enough space for what we need. I have loads of questions that I'm sure you will know the answers to and will seem very daft at times :Doh:but we only learn by asking and I'm not scared to ask! Cheers for now.
Purpledoghouse

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
Hi and welcome to FUN

the only daft question is the one you should of asked but didnt, plenty of folk on here that like to help,::bigsmile:
:Blush:
They will help you drink your beer :beerchug:, eat your bbq,or cakes but they will also help with problems

have fun and enjoy.....join us at a meet of two, the dogs are also welcome

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hi there,
Funsters are a very knowledgeable and friendly bunch, please don't hesitate to ask any questions at all. Meanwhile welcome to the Fun. :thumb:

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
Hi and welcome to motorhome fun. Ask away, there will always be somebody to answer your questions.

Jim
:Smile:

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
hi and welcome to the fun, do check out the chatroom, and the rally calendar. Thursday night is Quiz night in the chatroom.

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
Hi and welcome, ask away, and enjoy your self, :thumb:

Feb 4, 2010
Mid. Glamorgan, S. Wales
Funster No
MH
Motorhutch / Toy Camper
Exp
Since 2010
Hello..:thumb:..you'll find a warm welcome and plenty of useful advice from the experts here. Meanwhile, those of us who are still pretty new to this will nod our heads in agreement and mumble positively to all the useful advice while we pretend we know about the subject matter :Smile:.

I'd been thinking of getting a campervan for a while, and had good reasons to get it, but it took a similar scenario to yours for me to finally go for it. It's been almost 6 months since I got the van and I haven't regretted it - and no small part of that has been down to this community.

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
Hi there and welcome to MH Fun

So glad you have decided to go for it.

I used to work as a service rep and the number of people who when they found I had a motorhome used to say," I will get one of those when I retire", My stock answer was why wait.

It was surprising over the years how many for one reason or another never made it to owning one, such a shame.

Best of luck

Dave :thumb::thumb:

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Welcome... There are lots of nice people on here.

What part of Lancashire are you from? I think you may find you have several very close neighbours.

OP
OP
purpledoghouse

purpledoghouse

Free Member
Sep 4, 2010
lancashire
Funster No
Exp
since Aug 2010!
Welcome... There are lots of nice people on here.

What part of Lancashire are you from? I think you may find you have several very close neighbours.

Hope I'm doing this correctly! Over Wyre is my neck of the woods so to speak how's about you? Hope that makes sense!!!:winky:

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
Hello and welcome..

My name is ShiftZZ, enjoy....

ShiftZZ aged 10:thumb:

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font VendĂ´me
Exp
Since 2004
Welcome to the nuthouse :ROFLMAO:

There are at least three on here dafter than you, one even has a first class honours in daft. :thumb:

Most on here will help whenevr we can. ::bigsmile:

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Hi and welcome

novawight

Free Member
May 14, 2010
Hayling Island
Funster No
MH
hi top,
Exp
on and off 50 years
Hi there and a big hello from me, there some things in life that make you, change course, in my case it was Cancer , nothing terminal, i hope, but it made me realise, that you have to change course me i sold my boat and went back to motorcaravaning, haven,t looked back, they are a great bunch of people on the site even if some of them are nutters, enjoy your stay, and hope to meet up with you soon Del :thumb:

whatta

Free Member
Aug 21, 2010
Scotland, but on the move
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2001
And a big hello and welcome from me too! I'm also new to this madhouse, but learning a lot, confused even more and impressed loads.

Learning because many of the so-called "nutters" are in fact extremely knowledgeable about all things relating to motorhomes (technical, legal, practical, useful etc. etc).

Confused because they switching from "handle" to real name and back in the chat room and the forums with absolutely no consideration for us poor newbies!!! The Thursday Quiz is something else.... But we'll catch up sometime soon (maybe).

Impressed at the extraordinary lengths to which members go to help each other. Yesterday I met up with the couple who just a few weekends ago introduced me to this site. They were telling me some of the remarkable acts of kindness undertaken by members.

Joining was a good decision.

Tommy_harry

Free Member
May 30, 2010
County Durham
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
2 days
HI

:welcomefunster: We too are new to motorhomes, we have had ours around 3 months now, and have met up with a number of funsters, :thumb:
there is "no strangers" on here "just friends" who can help with any problems you may encounter, this site is amazing for knowledge, guidance, and explaining things in simple terms (i always prefer things simple),

Beware though, both the motorhome and the site is addictive..:Eeek:.....

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
Please be kind I'm very new to this

Welcome to the house of Fun!
Always good to hear from a new member. There is a wealth of information just waiting.....
We were all newbies at one time:ROFLMAO:

S

staging lady

Free Member
Nov 12, 2007
North Wales in the Hills
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
6 years but caravan owner in past
Hi and welcome::bigsmile:.
We were ( and some say still are) newbies a few months ago. We have had lots of help and advice from friendly funsters. So ask away, you won't regret it!
Lucille

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back