Overnight stop in Derbyshire anyone? (1 Viewer)

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
Had a wander round Matlock Bath today and found this little gem.
Station car park £4.70 8am till 10pm 10pm till 8am 30p saw nothing to indicate any restrictions such as staying in your van in fact there was an old couple in an ancient Hymer who was obviously staying there, and not for the first time he told us. :thumb:

thefman

Free Member
Sep 4, 2007
notts
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
since 2000
motorhomes are allowed to overnight there

mark.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Munchie

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
Traversing? You gone posh on us?

Graham

I don't do posh....only daft. Just thought I would make Hilda get his dictionary out. You know the one with the pictures. :ROFLMAO:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I've often seen this car park mentioned on forums as being a spot for overnighting but officially you can only park your van (unattended) there. Overnight camping, sleeping and cooking are not allowed. See information from Derbyshire Dales Council on my web site.

Graham

OP
OP
Munchie

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
I've often seen this car park mentioned on forums as being a spot for overnighting but officially you can only park your van (unattended) there. Overnight camping, sleeping and cooking are not allowed. See information from Derbyshire Dales Council on my web site.

Graham

There was nothing in the car park to that end Graham, we specifically looked for it. As I say there was an old boy and his wife staying there seats outside the van etc and he says he is a regular. Maybe a rule they don't bother with unless there is trouble? :Smile:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
There was nothing in the car park to that end Graham, we specifically looked for it. As I say there was an old boy and his wife staying there seats outside the van etc and he says he is a regular. Maybe a rule they don't bother with unless there is trouble? :Smile:

I appreciate that Ken. One of the things I find annoying about many car parks is that the signs say something vague like "vehicles must be parked in accordance with the current parking order" because the majority of drivers probably don't even know where to find said order, never mind what it says.

I suspect that the rule isn't enforced because the council doesn't have any enforcement officers on duty overnight - but I'm sure you are right that it would be enforced if there were to be trouble.

Graham

OP
OP
Munchie

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
There was me thinking about organising a meet there. I reckon we could get 30 or 40 vans in. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
Munchie

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
I am quite good at that too. Still it's better than being miserable isn't it? :thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back