LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
I raised this in another thread and it was suggested to post as a new thread, so here goes: -

Actually I am always intrigued by the aliases that people have on here. Ours is boring but I'd love to know the story behind so many of the names. Anyone care to explain theirs?

...e.g. haganap, shiftzz, curleycornflake, dragabed, G4GMO, hayleylulu, ksebruce, wurn and many other intriguing titles?

Wyn :thumb:

CURLYCORNFLAKE

Free Member
Oct 8, 2009
North of Manchester
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
curlycornflake

many years ago we went to a charity race night and sponsored a horse
as the race card was being printed someone said whats your horse called ?curlycornflake I shouted back only to have everybody falling off their chair laughing.I worked at the biggest cornflake factory in the world at that time and so I have used this nickname on numerous occasions

cornishaich

Free Member
Apr 5, 2010
West Cornwall.
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
A year.
I put my explanation the other link and now I repeat it here.
I am Cornish (through and through) and named Harry, some people shorten Harry to aich hence cornishaich

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 16, 2010
North Hykeham
Funster No
MH
Custom
Exp
much more now
Mine's really simple......I was a professional actor but when I started teaching theatre my students called me strange:Doh::Doh:

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
The one name that intrigues me is "Jim" where on earth could this have come from?

Another that beggars belief is "Bryan"

Where on erf do they get em from? what sort of brain could come up with these.

Oct 1, 2007
Kirby cross further from londin
Funster No
MH
Between Motor homes
Exp
since 08
ooohhh you just like me nearly writing profanites dontcha

well i have posted it before but worth a further outing

i am an emergency gas engineer
the coloqueal name for us is tofo

made up of Turn Off and F--- Off :Eeek::Blush::thumb:

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
Ok the truth about ShiftZZ

I was working for a large bank and one of the systems they used was based on an Informix database using SCO Unix.

Anyhow, it fell over and I had to phone up the company, they made me go into the root directory etc... all very techie. They talked me through and to finish off the fix I had to type in Shift (shift key) followed by Z (twice) So there you go ShiftZZ pronounced Shift Zed Zed.
Before you ask, no I am not a techie and at the time I thought they were taking the pi$$.
I thought it was rather cool and have used it ever since
As always
ShiftZZ

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Well you'll never guess what mines is made up from so i will tell you my first name is gerry and my second is hughes so if you just add them together and you get wait for it gerryhughes did any of you guess before i said :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

The reason for this is when i normally sign up to something i forget my user name and hopefully a few years before i forget my name:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Frank

Toffs-G

Free Member
Sep 16, 2009
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 640SPB
Exp
September 2009
Not sure if mines intriguing but - I have a Golf label caled T'OFFS Golf hence the user name:Smile:

Cheers
Gary

Free Member
Jul 30, 2007
The universe
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
We have a Carioca 656 hence 656. Eddi - Tawny loves Owls and the Tawny Owl is her favorite hence Tawny. She even called her Rotty Tawny!! However, the SmartCar is called Billy.

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
Well, Jean is boss so she is the J
and = a
then there's little old me Graham making the G
Hence - JaG :Doh:

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
a very nice post so I have rated it.

Mine is from our family names. Just after my youngest was born when internett stuff was in its early days, (hes now 12) I was logging on to a few message boards, When I had to come up with a user name I was stuck. My father in law (rip) said how about PNGH which is our initials. As you can see it never worked until we put in an and, Paul and Nikki and George and Harley became panagah. This eventually even became our private plate. However when fun started I did not want to keep that as I had used it on several other forums with caravans so i reversed it to HAGANAP. Harley and George and Nikki and Paul.
It has stuck really well accept for the fact that people associate me as teh user name and call me often haggers, this seems to of been adopted by many on here and I have even introduced my self as haggers,, and the more lately it should get changed to haggered.

So there is my story and thanks for raising it. :thumb:

some I do wonder my self I know dingray is because he is in dingwall and called ray. road runner though? whats that all about, or snowbird? staging lady is a great one and I hope she reads this to tell her story.

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
mines easy, we had a gecko called sebastian, so

sebthegecko (spelt as one word)

sebs long gone now rip, and recently I sold the rest of my breeding collection, but I'll keep the name, I'll get round to changing the avatar sometime but not yet

PenelopePitstop

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 3, 2007
Royston Vasey and beyond!
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 1999
The first year we wintered in Europe we were in Convoy with Ray and Joan (rayv8).
Us in our brand spanking new Knaus and them in their 12yr old Winnebago!:thumb:

We led and very often as I got bored with the endless motorways I'd put my foot down - slightly! Then I'd realise that Ray was quite a way back! We'd get to a service area and he'd get out of his van shouting "B****y Penelope Pitstop!!!" :ROFLMAO:

Hence the username!!!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Ruddy

Free Member
Feb 24, 2009
Haverhill,Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
> 1yr
Mines really lazy...Its my second name with a y on the end :Blush:
Everybody I know calls me Ruddy (at least I think thats what they shout)

motor roamin

Funster
May 23, 2010
Leicester
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2 mins
When we started our HGV training school, I was too clever for my own good calling it Data Academy, Data meaning imparting knowledge and Academy being the pinicle of learning, no body got it:cry::cry::cry: luckily we have built a good reputation and are well known locally.

So when I joined MHF and couldn't for the life of me think of a name (and I spent ages trying to think of somthing and failed) I thought Motor Home and knowing me I will go out and just point it in a direction and see where we end up, so I will be roaming, there it is motor roamin. Simples, or could it just be I'm simple.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

All the best

Rick & Rosie

highwayman

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Herne Bay
Funster No
MH
Low profile Rapido
Exp
Since 2005 ish
Our first van was an Autohomes ''Highwayman''
The KISS principle works for me :thumb:

cheers....nige

mick noe

Funster
Deceased RIP
Apr 14, 2009
near Boston Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
low line
Exp
mines my name. shock horror what a surprise just thought it a bit odd using another one but hazel said she can think of a few.:Eeek:..............not sure what she but watch this space:Blush:

Dalek

Free Member
Apr 26, 2010
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Roller Team 600
Exp
18 months
Dale is my christian name and the k is the first letter of my surname so I am Dalek, never realised until it was pointed out to me what it spelt because I was looking at it as Dale K, drrr

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
I raised this in another thread and it was suggested to post as a new thread, so here goes: -

Actually I am always intrigued by the aliases that people have on here. Ours is boring but I'd love to know the story behind so many of the names. Anyone care to explain theirs?

...e.g. haganap, shiftzz, curleycornflake, dragabed, G4GMO, hayleylulu, ksebruce, wurn and many other intriguing titles?

Wyn :thumb:

A bit boring really. Our initials Ken and Stephanie Elizabeth, plus our long gone dogs name Bruce. Our way of keeping his memory alive.

Hence..... ksebruce ::bigsmile:

ruffingitsmoothly

Deceased RIP
Jan 2, 2008
West of Southampton edge
Funster No
MH
A Class RV
Exp
Hi mine was written on a Tiffin Allegro we had and I changed the spelling!!!

100_0548.jpg

Regards Pat

billy

Free Member
Jan 10, 2009
Bolton
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
since 2009
Mine comes from a nickname at work i always had a lot going on at work so i used to moved quickly from one place to another.
Then someone said here comes billy bulldozer then everyone started to call me billy that was 20 years ago.
I move around alot slower now :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Landy lover

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2009
Zummerzet
Funster No
MH
27ft Eurolight
Exp
Camping Caravaning now 5'ering 49 years
Anyone looking at our avatar must get a clue :ROFLMAO:

Back in the early 50's I was on a Boy Scout camp in Sutton Coldfield and one of the trips we were taken on was to the Land Rover factory well each of us were put on a Landy chassis (series 1 86inch for those interested ) and had a vehicle built up around us - the guys building them were so proud of their work. At the end of the line we were taken in the vehicle around the test track. then out in a 107 safari. After that you love em or hate them I drove a Landy for the first time about 5 years later and have been driving them now for over 50 years. I work on them for fun and some of the locals just call me Landy - have had all forms of Land Rover but prefer the original 'Landy' Defender although the one we pull the 5'er with is very different to my first one.

Be very interested to see the look on HSE faces today 12 boy scouts riding part finished Land Rovers on a production line:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
mine comes from our exraceing greyhounds kennel days, she chatters her teeth when excited so they called her chatter in the kennel and we never changed it when we got her at the end of her racing days as it was a name she was used to and responded to.

see and you all thought it was cos i talked a lot

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
Nothing special about mine used it on work sheets for many years as a signature, D first initial E second initial Sco part of last name never got round to full signature.

Dave :thumb::thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back