Mar 12, 2010
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2008
Hi all

Well....we are back all of us in one piece and had a fantastic time, eventually :ROFLMAO:.

We got to the site in Cannes and that was great to chill out for a week we then did a couple of days at the beach before heading inland and across to the west coast. It was very very hot in the south and a bit grey and overcast in the west. Managed to get to loads of places in 18 days and we feel like we have been away for months!

The motorhome ran like a dream so that was a relief and someone will have many trouble free years ahead with it.

We are going to the Lincoln show to have a scout around for a new one, I can't wait - although I am going to have to downsize my car to boost the cash for it which I am not looking forward to as I love it but needs must :cry:

Back to stacks of washing (i've done 7 loads already):Eeek: but more importantly the dreams of our next trip and new motorhome :thumb:

Vik

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Hi Glad to hear you had a good time enjoy the washing :ROFLMAO:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Back to stacks of washing (i've done 7 loads already):Eeek: but more importantly the dreams of our next trip and new motorhome :thumb:

Vik

maybe you need an RV with a washer in it .. :thumb:

or else take less clothes .. :winky:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
brodie

brodie

Free Member
Mar 12, 2010
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2008
Which campsite - a tricky area, always good to know what FUNsters find.

It was called Les Cigales in Mandelieu La Napoule 9.5 km from Cannes.

Small site with large pitches nice pool area for the kids and close to the Motorway for good links. We booked it through Select Sites, it wasn't as expensive as the other all singing/dancing ones at £500 for the week.

We stayed at aires for the rest of the time all free but one which was 16 euro and was grotty to say the least, Rich nearly choked on his croissant when I told him how much it was :ROFLMAO:. We really enjoyed it but I don't think we would do it again in August. It's a bit too hot.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Welcome home. Hope the photos will be in the gallery.

South of France the first place I will travel to when my circumstances change...... love it there... so envious of you... but delighted you had such a wonderful time.....:thumb:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
It was called Les Cigales in Mandelieu La Napoule 9.5 km from Cannes.

Small site with large pitches nice pool area for the kids and close to the Motorway for good links. We booked it through Select Sites, it wasn't as expensive as the other all singing/dancing ones at £500 for the week.

WOW. They do know how to charge in peak season. Compare €300 a MONTH in Spain off season.

It's rather good, the youngsters with families subside the winter breaks for the olde fartes.

Thanks, useful information for all who love the Med.

franbee

Free Member
Aug 23, 2010
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
VW T5
Exp
Getting the hang of it now
We are off next week to the Cote d'Azur, expect to stay at our regular site near Biot station, across from the beach. This time last year we paid about e20 per night for the 2 of us with our tent. This time we'll have our MH and EHU. We only stay a few nights as it is expensive by our standards, there are cheaper places on the way down.

OP
OP
brodie

brodie

Free Member
Mar 12, 2010
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2008
WOW. They do know how to charge in peak season. Compare €300 a MONTH in Spain off season.

It's rather good, the youngsters with families subside the winter breaks for the olde fartes.

Thanks, useful information for all who love the Med.

That was CHEAP compared to some! The ones with the huge pools with slides, bar, entertainment etc wanted double that. I think some are just too big. When we thought about what we paid for the waterpark last year 80 euro for an afternoon this worked out good value and the upside was I didn't get any hassle of the kids once all week (gotta be worth every penny) :thumb:.

So with that £500 site 16 euro aire the rest free for 18 days a family of 5 it works out not too bad when you compare it to package holiday, but your right, compared to your deal it does seem steep.

Thats August for you :Eeek:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back