Diesel leak on 2.8jtd Ducato (1 Viewer)

Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
We were away last weekend and noticed diesel dripping from the fuel pump. We got the recovery company out who told us it was OK to drive as it only was a small drip that was coming from the rear of the pump. We drove it 250miles and it seemed to only drip when cold, after another 100miles it seems to have stopped leaking.

Has anyone else had a diesel leak on the low pressure side of the pump?

I always say that nothing fixes it self but I dont want to pay for taking the pump out as it will be a big job.

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
6 years + 5 years in boat before that
Is it possible for the diesel to get blown on or drip on the exhaust system? if so treat the leak as an urgently needed repair, as there is a fire risk.

Doug...

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

niggle

Banned - Rule 1
Banned
Aug 5, 2010
SOUTH AND FRANCE
Funster No
MH
A CLASS
Exp
friend took it to srs,, local comp that recons pumps ,,, i will ask how much he payed them,,, but they did it in a day in work shop,,, replaced sceals and ballenced it to vech :thumb::thumb:

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
Probably a couple of hundred region. Certainly no more than four at the most expensive place!

It won't catch fire or explode, diesel isn't actually flammable unless sprayed in a fine mist - a bit like interior cleaner!::bigsmile:

I was expecting to read that the injector rail had failed, as this was a common fault on your year, may pay to check that it was replaced on recall whilst you are there!

Look on the bright side - a dribble a day keeps the rust at bay.

OP
OP
jezport
Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
friend took it to srs,, local comp that recons pumps ,,, i will ask how much he payed them,,, but they did it in a day in work shop,,, replaced sceals and ballenced it to vech :thumb::thumb:

Cheers, where is local?

OP
OP
jezport
Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
Probably a couple of hundred region. Certainly no more than four at the most expensive place!

It won't catch fire or explode, diesel isn't actually flammable unless sprayed in a fine mist - a bit like interior cleaner!::bigsmile:

I was expecting to read that the injector rail had failed, as this was a common fault on your year, may pay to check that it was replaced on recall whilst you are there!

Look on the bright side - a dribble a day keeps the rust at bay.

My van is an 05 model, I thought the problems were on earlier models?

OP
OP
jezport
Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
Any suggestions of a good garage who will know how to do the pump fora sensible price near Leeds?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back