Sea views stop overs on Dorse Coast (1 Viewer)

kedinc

Free Member
Aug 29, 2010
Redlynch
Funster No
MH
VW Camper
Exp
15 years
Anyone able to offer some quiet stopover places on Dorset coast with sea and stars:Smile:

bmb1uk

Free Member
Jan 1, 2010
LEICS
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
Anyone able to offer some quiet stopover places on Dorset coast with sea and stars:Smile:
Hi checkout st albans head, spent two nights there, on top of 300ft cliffs, footpaths right there,next to coast guard building, and an old 800yr old chapel,not much parking but was able to park near chapel, quite of beaten track. BAZ

weekenders

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2008
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
15 years
If you head out of Weymouth towards Bowleaze, at the top of Bowleaze cove we have parked over night, lovely view over Weymouth bay

bigfish

Free Member
May 20, 2009
Eastleigh, Hants
Funster No
Exp
8 years, but had caravans & Tents before that
Cliff Rd, B3157 as you come out of Burton Bradstock, turnig on Rt just before garage (when coming from Bridport area), go to top of lane, wide parking area at top with room to turn.
nice walk down to Hive Beach Restraunt, sea food a speciality.

(Lane could be a bit tight if you have an RV):thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

johng

Free Member
Aug 15, 2007
Kent/Sussex UK
Funster No
MH
1984 C ClassGMC
Exp
there is a site near Lulworth cove, very close to Durdle Door :) not stayed there but I would if I could ::bigsmile:

sea view quite likely from the luton if you have one, not sure about ground level..

oops, sorry re read the OP, I thought you meant a site , dooh

Last edited:

MrJinks

Free Member
Sep 1, 2008
Dorchester, Dorset
Funster No
MH
C Class RV
Exp
6 years
If you head out of Weymouth towards Bowleaze, at the top of Bowleaze cove we have parked over night, lovely view over Weymouth bay

I think that overnighting has been banned there. New signs stating no motorhomes between 00.00hrs and 06.00hrs.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back