Apr 16, 2009
northants
Funster No
MH
hymer c class
Exp
since 2007
Hi

Just returned from Hols on the North Yorks Moors (a lovely site at Hinderwell called Serenity), and thought members might be interested in knowing about an excellent park and ride scheme at York ( Monks Cross), where motorhomes have a special reserved and secure(cc cameras to boot) home . All too often you take a gamble with the facilities when heading for the nearest town/city when on holiday , but the York site made me feel that all of my van would be there when we got back.:Smile:

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
Completely Agree..we have used it several times and it always feels safe. Also the ride in to town is short and IMO cheap

May 16, 2010
North Hykeham
Funster No
MH
Custom
Exp
much more now
Completely Agree..we have used it several times and it always feels safe. Also the ride in to town is short and IMO cheap

OK I've got to ask, seeing as I don't do Acronyms that well....IMO????

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

franbee

Free Member
Aug 23, 2010
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
VW T5
Exp
Getting the hang of it now
Is that the only P&R there that is good for vans? I usually use a different one when going by car, but might need to take the van sometime.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Is that the only P&R there that is good for vans? I usually use a different one when going by car, but might need to take the van sometime.

Rawcliff can also be used. See Here and the York council web site (link on the MHP page).

Graham

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
We don't take the m/home to York as we only live 1/2 an hour or so away. We always use the park n ride tho as you say it's easy n cheap and a bus every 10 mins. :thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back