Banned
Feb 17, 2008
Full timing in the van
Funster No
MH
Fiat decato
Exp
8years
Looking for carpet for the van any one used this firm A cut above . bespoke carpets and rugs and wot do you think of them good or bad

Mandaxxx

Free Member
Feb 19, 2010
Wherever we stop.
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Made my own!
We are off very soon for an extended holiday/fulltiming-for how long we are not sure yet.
We wanted to keep the original Hymer carpets good so packed them up to put away and bought a remnant (stain resistant) cut it to shapes & sizes then had edges bound, simples*:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Hi Manda
Is it expensive to get the edges bound ?
I have seen a carpet in a regular carpet shop that i would like for ours, but my S.I.L. said it was very pricey to bind the edges. The ones we have now have fabric bound edges , but i would be happy with the over stitching as you see on some mats.
Thanks.
Bev

freelanderuk

Free Member
Sep 24, 2009
Saltfleet/Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
we have used bespoke rugs and are very happy with the carpets Darren did for us , he has a workshop near Louth where you can also stay the night with wifi and leccy while the job is been done , i think he will also be at the Newark and Lincoln shows

poppys

Free Member
May 8, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 1974 on and off
First thing we did was to remove the carpets,much easier to sweep and keep the floor clean.

Mandaxxx

Free Member
Feb 19, 2010
Wherever we stop.
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Ralph & Bev
Our shop whips the edges for £1 per foot total cost of our carpets-one in cab and one big one in hab was £40.:ROFLMAO:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
First thing we did was to remove the carpets,much easier to sweep and keep the floor clean.

Likewise.. :thumb:

can never understand the logic of fitting carpets in motorhomes..

grumps147

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 6, 2010
St.Helens
Funster No
MH
Between
Exp
MH 12 yrs -Tent/Caravan 49 years
It depends on how you will be using the motorhome, we have removed the fitted ones as poppy has, but we do have a couple of rugs in appropriate places. Our reason for removing (which we did with our caravan for years) was the mess made at entry exit in poor weather and grass, which was then trod throughout and is much easier to keep clean without the carpet. (We do remove our outdoor shoes at the door).
Its one of those personal preference/comfort things, and if its just us and no grandchildren late/early season then we do refit the main carpets.
I have also noticed in the last 10 years carpet quality going worse as fitted by the manufacturers, very thin indeed our latest compared to ten years ago.

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
I want wood effect lino or similar in both caravan & RV.

I take it I am looking at the same places?

Sep 27, 2007
Shropshire based
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
started in 2001
Looking for carpet for the van any one used this firm A cut above . bespoke carpets and rugs and wot do you think of them good or bad

Hi Hayleylulu,

As you are Bolton based, there is Kustom Sport at Barnsley. I think its www.kustomsport.co.uk just another option.

We used Crusader Carpets near Reditch, Worcestershire, but I would think they are to far away, unless you happen to be travelling in that area, very good service with this small company. www.crusadercarpets.co.uk

Hope this helps.

Nomadic:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back