Free Member
Nov 12, 2007
North Wales in the Hills
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
6 years but caravan owner in past
After a great deal of thought, a demonstration from Hilldweller at lake Garda, and 3 hours trying to locate the supermarket selling Prima gaz at Metz, hubby has decided we should think about the Gaslow system before the increase in vat in the New Year.

I've seen the distributors at shows and we will be at Newark.
If you buy the system at the show will there be a fitter there?

Is it better to buy it locally. Our local place is a bit offhand and wouldn't give me a ball park figure for fitting.:Sad:

What's the best way to do this?
Hubby has worked in the oil industry and done combustion experiments for safety research so would not want to fit it himself.:Doh:
Lucille

MisterED

Free Member
Oct 5, 2009
Sunny Aberdeenshire !
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
3 glorious years, previous 18 a Tugger!
Hi,

Gaslow ...... would not be without it:thumb:, with the price of Calor these days you can easilly half your refil price!

I bought in May this year from www.motorcaravanning.co.uk the site is realy informative, and feel free to call, great step by step assistance, also I gained a good price with discounts available:winky:.

With regard to fitting it is quite easy to do with simple tools:Blush:, my tip is to measure the locker twice and plan where to fit all the hoses, and the filling connection, I used the internal bracket for this fits a dream.

I understand your caution on fitting I admit I had one leak upon first fill but soon sorted that.

Have filled for the second time now and no leaks, with a big smile as paid £25 for 40 ltr :Cool:

If you are committed to have someone fit, I would say 3 hours labour tops!

Take Care
Terry

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
Hi Lucille, if you can fit 11KG cylinders in your gas locker then I'd suggest you look at Alugas as an alternative, holds the same volume of LPG, costs about the same but saves 6KGs per cylinder. Fitting should take no more than one hour.

D.

Upvote 0

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
I bought two Gaslow systems and both were fitted by CMR (official Gaslow fitters.) CMR attend a lot of the shows and fitted them there and then.

I am delighted with them (both the bottles and the fitters!)

JJ :thumb:

Upvote 0

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
I bought two Gaslow systems and both were fitted by CMR (official Gaslow fitters.) CMR attend a lot of the shows and fitted them there and then.

I am delighted with them (both the bottles and the fitters!)

JJ :thumb:

So someone has seen in the black beast:winky:

I will be questioning him:winky::roflmto:

Upvote 0
Apr 27, 2009
Departed Cabopino in Oct 17
Funster No
MH
Dakota
Exp
Fulltiming from 2010- 2017
Hi Lucille

First, thanks for your comments re the blog.

Re Gaslow - ours is brilliant & cost only €4 to refill an empty one in Cervia!

Ours was fitted by SMS of Newark & they will be at the Newark Show. They provide excellent service. If you contact them ahead of time I bet they'd fit yours during that weekend as their workshop is 2 mins from the showground.

Their full name is Seventy Seven Motors of Northern Rd, Newark. Speak to Gavin & tell him we sent you.

Cheers

Bill:Smile:

Upvote 0

Mandaxxx

Free Member
Feb 19, 2010
Wherever we stop.
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
We have Gaslow and it is proving VERY economical and easy to live with.
My husband fitted our himself and bought all req on the internet-a lot cheaper than going the obvious route.:thumb:

Upvote 0

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
Hi lucile how wierd thAt we should read this post today as we are travelling through France thinking we must pm you as we have not heard from you for what seems like ages.--- I fitted mine myself (incorrectly)and it is quite simple.. Mine has the filler in the door and allegedly it should not go in there as opening and closing the door makes a problem for the hoses. However I don't have to open or close the gas locker door (rarely) so all is well. If you want to save some cash the. Order it online and shop arround as some suppliers are much cheaper than others. Plenty of opportunities to get fitted at shows by our resident mobile funster engineers.. Any hoe hope you are better than the last time we spoke,regards to Dave and see you at bath. !

Upvote 0
OP
OP
staging lady

staging lady

Free Member
Nov 12, 2007
North Wales in the Hills
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
6 years but caravan owner in past
Hi Lucille

First, thanks for your comments re the blog.

Re Gaslow - ours is brilliant & cost only €4 to refill an empty one in Cervia!

Ours was fitted by SMS of Newark & they will be at the Newark Show. They provide excellent service. If you contact them ahead of time I bet they'd fit yours during that weekend as their workshop is 2 mins from the showground.

Their full name is Seventy Seven Motors of Northern Rd, Newark. Speak to Gavin & tell him we sent you.

Cheers

Bill:Smile:

Don't know what is going on here . When I press reply Bill's post keeps coming up!
Thanks for all the advice,everyone .I really appreciate it.
On Road Runner's recommendation we have asked Ash of Home serve to fit it for us at Newark.
Thank you Bill for the reply. Hope the trip is going well.:Smile:
Ah Bonjour Monsieur et madame Haganap. Ca Va?
Will send a pm. Enjoy the lovely wine and sun we have not seen for weeks! See you at bath::bigsmile:

Lucille

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back