scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
No solar .. :Sad:

Thanks for the link, however there are quite a few of 1 kva suitcase gennies on the market for around £250 - £300, including the Clarke from Machine Mart, but I would prefer Honda, even second hand, failing that maybe Santa will treat me to a brand spanking new one.. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Cheers

Jim

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
I have a Kipor KGE2000TI with the yellow case and sine wave inverter and it's brilliant.

Not for sale but use it for smaller charging and running things in the same way as your planning and it's GREAT:thumb:

Copes with an AC unit and other minor items.

Check out a Kipor Jim:winky:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

C

camper

Deleted User
I have a Kipor KGE2000TI with the yellow case and sine wave inverter and it's brilliant.

Not for sale but use it for smaller charging and running things in the same way as your planning and it's GREAT:thumb:

Copes with an AC unit and other minor items.

Check out a Kipor Jim:winky:

Camper I Have A 1000 Watt Kipor Generator in a red case BIG Problem

Digger Driver

Free Member
Oct 4, 2007
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
I bought a little 850 watt genny at motormania for £70
Its not quite man enough for a microwave but it can run power tools and chargers no problem!
It will run for 5 hours on 1 tank!
Seriously thinking of converting it to gas!

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
Some of my caravanning mates have bought the 850 2 stroke Genny's and they do the job charging a van battery.

At present in Makro for £39.95+VAT

Digger Driver

Free Member
Oct 4, 2007
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Some of my caravanning mates have bought the 850 2 stroke Genny's and they do the job charging a van battery.

At present in Makro for £39.95+VAT
Got mine a couple of years ago but their a great little genny and small enough to build into your van!
The only downfall is they are chinese and once they break down you throw them away because you wont get parts for them!

Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
16 fun filled years
Nice new Kipor Link Removed on e-bay

sammclouis

Account Deactivated
Aug 14, 2007
shropshire
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
kipor

i had Link Removed kipor generator a few months back from ebay....FANTASTIC....and very quiet,runs loads and is a few hundred £ cheaper than a honda....i wouldnt change it for the world..sammx

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
Hi
There is a world of difference between a red & a yellow kipor, my red 3000 will not run my AC, but my friends yellow one has no problem, you will have to get a clever member to explain the difference!! it was explained to me, but I just glazed over (I was just pi**ed of that my new genny would not do the job I bought it for,it was not a question of the price difference, I just did not know they were different inside!!!!) I would be happy to sell the kipor and buy a small Honda? just to charge batteries when the
solar panel can't see the sun!

Nigel

G

GeorgeTelford

Deleted User
Hi Sundowner

basically the yellow one;

High quality power output is achieved by a built-in pure sine wave inverter, which filters the initial power of the alternator to minimise wave distortion and voltage fluctuation. This results in the output being more refined, clean and smooth. The inverter delivers a true Sine wave, no power spikes, surges or fluctuations of voltage, making it suitable for highly sensitive electronic equipment such as computers and other electronically controlled equipment.

and the red one is non invertor, suitable for most applications, but definately not as good as the yellow one.

Jim

for battery charging a small genny is more than enough (unless you have a really big aftermarket charger fitted?) for speed of charging have you got a good charger fitted?

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Jim

for battery charging a small genny is more than enough (unless you have a really big aftermarket charger fitted?) for speed of charging have you got a good charger fitted?

Hi George..

You may recall the discussion some while back on MHF whether to invest in solar or a decent charger and genny .. I decided on the latter and fitted the Victron Pheonix multi plus 70/1600 charger/inverter, so yes, a 1kva genny would be fine for charging.

G

GeorgeTelford

Deleted User
Hi Jim

Yes I thought you had, but wasnt certain (I did look at your recent posts here, I am sure you mentioned it recently too)

johnsandywhite

Free Member
Jul 29, 2007
Doncaster/Spain
Funster No
MH
'A' Class RV &
Exp
:Cool: When we were Wild Camping? We bought a 900 watt cheapo Chino/Taiwanese genny from here in Spain. Our old Coachmen had a Truecharge 40 fitted. We could watch Sat TV, charge the batteries and perhaps at a push, boil a kettle. :winky:

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
Timberland
:Cool: When we were Wild Camping? We bought a 900 watt cheapo Chino/Taiwanese genny from here in Spain. Our old Coachmen had a Truecharge 40 fitted. We could watch Sat TV, charge the batteries and perhaps at a push, boil a kettle. :winky:

Hi John

If I were truly going to 'wild camp' I wouldn't hesitate buying a cheapo as noise would be less of (not) a consideration but I really don't want to antagonise the locals any more than I do already .. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back