Travel insurance that doesn't cost the earth??? (1 Viewer)

Teasy2007

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2007
Rotherham South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu PVC
Exp
Since 2005
Hi does anyone know of a company who can offer medical insurance for over 60s which does not cover everything I don't want - baggage, delays, cancellation etc etc and just covers us for what we do need - medical and accident.

Saga wants £473 that's more than we paid to insure the motorhome! others I have tried are not much better. EHIC + wants £130 for a single trip and they expect you to use your EHIC card, so what is the point of that? etc etc.

How do you sort this out - should we say ****er it and go without??

Ginny and Mike

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Hi does anyone know of a company who can offer medical insurance for over 60s
Ginny and Mike

We rely on our RBS CC. They offer 30 days FOC and I think £40 for another month. They even included Morocco.

Not sure if that qualified for "medical insurance". I hope it does.

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
As with Brian our HSBC account gives us all of the Insurance we need. In addition our AMEX Card gives us another few million squids worth. Check your Bank Accounts and any Cards that you may have, you may be surprised.

Jim
:Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Teasy2007

Teasy2007

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2007
Rotherham South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu PVC
Exp
Since 2005
As with Brian our HSBC account gives us all of the Insurance we need. In addition our AMEX Card gives us another few million squids worth. Check your Bank Accounts and any Cards that you may have, you may be surprised.

Jim
:Smile:

We are with the Halifax but when we revealed our medical conditions - which are not bad - it worked out more than some of the others!!

We want cover for 50 days, Halifax only covers you for 31 days each trip.

Would it be possible to cover the first part of the holiday with one policy and the rest with the other?

They are such rip off merchants!!

Aug 21, 2008
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Symbol
Exp
Van Conversion
I have just taken my insurance out for the winter 6 months classed as long stay with the camping and caravan club.
It cost £100 each for health and £65 for breakdown, I'm in my late 60s and wife in her 50s we've had c&cc insurance for the past 3 years before that with the caravan club but that is to expensiveafter 65.
We missed getting insured for i winter and I got robbed in a supermarket and Julia got knocked down on a pedestrian crossing needing hospital treatment,she was treated on our european health card but its more reassuring to have some backup insurance
Alan

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Don Madge

Deceased RIP
Aug 27, 2007
East Yorks
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Too Long
We are with the Halifax but when we revealed our medical conditions - which are not bad - it worked out more than some of the others!!

We want cover for 50 days, Halifax only covers you for 31 days each trip.

Would it be possible to cover the first part of the holiday with one policy and the rest with the other?

They are such rip off merchants!!

We have the same problem, pre existing medical conditions, over 75 and wanted 120 days cover.

We are going to OZ in Jan 2011 for three months, we wanted to go for five but could not get cover for more than 90 days

SAGA wanted £1200 for 90 days, MIA £495 for 90 days and Comfort £365 for 120 days

Unfortunately I did not find out about Comfort until after I took out the policy with MIA.

It ain't no fun growing old.

Don

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back