Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
sw wales
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
n/a
Hope to be going to Much Marcle (spelling ?) Show early September if the weather is good

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
These were there last year - hard to tell they are not real in the air.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQPH3Kv0-BA&feature=related

And many more jet fixed wing plus the odd jet heli.

Cheers Brian.

Absolutely brilliant vid. How do they know who is flying which one? No chance of taking your eye off for a split second there.

Must be hellishly difficult to fly in formation.

Just been watching them practicing again.....Can see them from my window....The real ones that is.

They are so realistic on the video.

Should be a great meet.Hoping to get down there.Sunday looks good.

Steve.

franbee

Free Member
Aug 23, 2010
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
VW T5
Exp
Getting the hang of it now
OH will be there as usual.

Oo no, I'm lying, he'll be at Middle Wallop!

Well how am I supposed to know where he goes on these weekend jaunts?

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
How do they know who is flying which one? No chance of taking your eye off for a split second there.
Steve.

A bit superhuman.

Some ( a lot ? ) is not by eye, the things are so tiny in the distance they can't be turning by eye, they have to *know* just what the plane is doing. That's the clever bit, they are effectively sat in the cockpit.

You see this even more so when some of the nutters start throwing the helicopters around. They can change direction so fast the eye can't follow them, they are flying on instinct.

I do crashing on instinct pretty well, even if I say so myself.

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
A bit superhuman.

Some ( a lot ? ) is not by eye, the things are so tiny in the distance they can't be turning by eye, they have to *know* just what the plane is doing. That's the clever bit, they are effectively sat in the cockpit.

You see this even more so when some of the nutters start throwing the helicopters around. They can change direction so fast the eye can't follow them, they are flying on instinct.

I do crashing on instinct pretty well, even if I say so myself.

Yes. I can do spectacular crashing.....Upset a lot of Military on Epsom Downs on Derby week. Lost a transmitter battery and where did it crash?....Right into the large marquee where they were camped in front of the queen's Box...:Blush:

Got a right grilling over that one...

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Yes. I can do spectacular crashing.....Upset a lot of Military on Epsom Downs on Derby week. Lost a transmitter battery and where did it crash?....Right into the large marquee where they were camped in front of the queen's Box...:Blush:

Got a right grilling over that one...

Proper Job.

What was the plane ?

Were you flying at this do or did it find it's own way there ?

You've made me think horrible thoughts now, all these big models can carry a serious payload, all can now be fitted with on board real time vision, so how much future for them ? Hell of a site more dangerous than the handguns that were banned on a whim by the last Tory government.

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
Proper Job.

What was the plane ?

Were you flying at this do or did it find it's own way there ?

You've made me think horrible thoughts now, all these big models can carry a serious payload, all can now be fitted with on board real time vision, so how much future for them ? Hell of a site more dangerous than the handguns that were banned on a whim by the last Tory government.

I was flying with the club on the week prior to the Derby. The army had recently set up the marquee and were all armed...

The Plane was a large 35cc powered one..Can't remember the make as I bought it locally already to fly....and crash.

Thought I had some bits of it left....In a bag somewhere..

My Mate used to fly over Buildings with a camera attached for aerial wiews on a commission basis. He moved on to helicopters shortly after...

You can see why the military have moved on to Remote controlled surveillance and Missiles ....:ROFLMAO:

Wonder if they have a job going?

Just a thought..Has anyone fitted an onboard video cam to a Plane to actually see where they are flying from an onboard view? I guess the ground looks the same from any height...:Eeek:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
You can see why the military have moved on to Remote controlled surveillance and Missiles ....:ROFLMAO:

I really can't see any future for fighter/bomber pilots. An aircraft without a man on board is far cheaper and can take loads more G. Just look and try and imagine the G on an aerobatic RC heli - must be many times what a human could stand. No crew, it can take insane risks. Does not matter if it does not return.

On commercial flights, a lot of the accidents would be avoided if the pilot were removed. Many are caused by pilot/co-pilot not being in sync and making the mistakes a computer would latch on to in microseconds. On the other hand we do not know how many accidents might occur if we had just computer control. The Russians have been sending automatic delivery vehicles to the various space stations for years.

Just a thought..Has anyone fitted an onboard video cam to a Plane to actually see where they are flying from an onboard view?

I don't know about in here but plenty have. The CAA ( ? ) have issued guidelines on flying with VR googles on - a safety second pilot must keep the aircraft in view at all times. Full head up display is available off the shelf right now. It would be just the same as flying a simulator so unless you wanted to see the actual location you might as well just use a sim.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Damn - now I remember why I gave up flying - UK weather !!

Not a bad Friday and Saturday but Sunday 'er indoors said "shall we have breakfast and leave" and it wasn't a question. I had to agree. Some were flying, I take my hat off to them.

On Saturday, wathching the heli guys doing their set routines for the judges I was mighty impressed. Standing up was to be applauded but keeping a heli stationery whilst rotating 360 was a seriously difficult tack, which most managed.

Lovely to see the kids in the hangar, there's still a chance for the UK when kids get that excited by flying.

Most amazing of all, would you believe, a Spitfire. Must have had a wing span of 3 inches, weighed just a few grammes, and it flew like a good 'un - WANT ! But it seems to have come from Canada and needs some tracking down.

Here it is:
http://www.microflight.com/Micro-Spitfire-RTF-Set

May 16, 2010
North Hykeham
Funster No
MH
Custom
Exp
much more now
Damn - now I remember why I gave up flying - UK weather !!

Not a bad Friday and Saturday but Sunday 'er indoors said "shall we have breakfast and leave" and it wasn't a question. I had to agree. Some were flying, I take my hat off to them.

On Saturday, wathching the heli guys doing their set routines for the judges I was mighty impressed. Standing up was to be applauded but keeping a heli stationery whilst rotating 360 was a seriously difficult tack, which most managed.

Lovely to see the kids in the hangar, there's still a chance for the UK when kids get that excited by flying.

Most amazing of all, would you believe, a Spitfire. Must have had a wing span of 3 inches, weighed just a few grammes, and it flew like a good 'un - WANT ! But it seems to have come from Canada and needs some tracking down.

Here it is:
http://www.microflight.com/Micro-Spitfire-RTF-Set

Did you fly too close to the sun Brian, is that why you gave up flying?:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

You should come and try some RC sailing with me one day:thumb::thumb:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Did you fly too close to the sun Brian, is that why you gave up flying?

There were days when it felt just like that. The reason for the avatar, just nudging the clouds a mile over the M1. Only limited skill an a bit of rising air keeping me there. It's amazing how detailed the view of vehicle on the motorway is from a mile away. The most wonderful feeling, first experienced on your first solo is "the only person on this planet who can get you home safely is YOU".

You should come and try some RC sailing with me one day:thumb::thumb:

Same weather restrictions, but it must be very satisfying, it's quite similar to gliding, just using nature's forces.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back