Free Member
Jun 2, 2010
Melrose Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Hymer B774
Exp
Since 2010
I've just realised that the hook up cable that came with our 'new to us' motorhome is 10m. We always had a 25m cable with our caravan. Is this a new thing? I'm wondering if 10m is adequate for most sites or whether I should go out and buy a longer one. I do know that with the 25m one there was always far too much but not sure how much too much if you get my drift. What's your thoughts? We're off to France next week and will be staying on sites for some of the time.

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
I would recomend you get another 25 and carry both
dont forget your French adapter
Geo

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
i think 25mtr is the norm.

i have a pair of 25s, one in use and one spare, and a shorter, 5 or 6mtr for the genny...got fed up laying out the full 25mtrs when the genny is only 4mtrs from the hookup socket on the van. :Doh:

if you're more than 25mtrs from a hookup post you must be wildcamping. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Mags52

Mags52

Free Member
Jun 2, 2010
Melrose Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Hymer B774
Exp
Since 2010
It's the accessory shop for me tomorrow then. Thanks for the advice.
Mags

welsh winger

Free Member
Jul 7, 2009
Sunny Swansea
Funster No
MH
swift lifestyle
Exp
4 years
Slightly off topic, we changed our van twice last year, dont ask first one was a friday van, the dealer told us both times to take every thing out, gas bottles lead etc, my question is do you normally leave this gear in a van when you sell? I can understand if it was a private sale/purchase, just seemed odd after my experiance.

Nick

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Slightly off topic, we changed our van twice last year, dont ask first one was a friday van, the dealer told us both times to take every thing out, gas bottles lead etc, my question is do you normally leave this gear in a van when you sell? I can understand if it was a private sale/purchase, just seemed odd after my experiance.

Nick

If I was part X,ing,, No I would take everythining.. :thumb:

But if selling and giving up I would let most go with the MH to enhance the price,, but there again if I was selling and got knocked back on what I was hoping to get for the MH I would take the gear out and sell on Flebay..

OP
OP
Mags52

Mags52

Free Member
Jun 2, 2010
Melrose Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Hymer B774
Exp
Since 2010
In this case it was a part exchange (from a caravan) and I had taken the cable out but when I saw they'd put a new one in the under bed locker I put our old 25m one back in the caravan as they took it away. It was only at the weekend when we had our first weekend away in it that I noticed it was a 10m cable. I'll learn from this experience! :winky:
The other thing we left in was the gas bottle because we have Gaslow in the MH.
Other than that we stripped the caravan and gave the gear away to caravanning friends apart from a good awning which I sold on Gumtree.
I have to say tho that the dealers (Cleveland) have been more than generous with extras, freebies and great after sales service so I'm not too concerned.
Mags

Feb 4, 2010
Mid. Glamorgan, S. Wales
Funster No
MH
Motorhutch / Toy Camper
Exp
Since 2010
I'm wondering if 10m is adequate for most sites or whether I should go out and buy a longer one.

I bought what I thought was 25m but turned out to be 10m, and I'm still using it 5 months later. I've had a couple of occasions where it wasn't long enough, but in both cases the site owner has lent me an extension.

And with my little van, I save a bit of space, which is good :Smile:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
I have to say tho that the dealers (Cleveland) have been more than generous with extras, freebies and great after sales service Mags

i agree, Cleveland offer an excellent service but their finance manager/salesman needs to refresh himself on the products he peddles.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back