LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
Hi, we have a problem with our Truma heater. When running on gas there are 2 settings - 60 degs ("Winter") and 40 degs ("Summer" ie no heating, just hot water). Ours has stopped working on 40 deg setting but seems OK otherwise. The control panel shows a green light - no amber light appears and no sound from the boiler and no hot water. It seems impossible to open any part of the heater or check anything. Is there anything I can try? How much might it cost to have it serviced, I wonder? Any suggestions would be welcome.
Wyn

peter marshall

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Cleveleys,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
9 Years
Hi Wyn
We had not the same with the lights, but not woking at the boiler, on the top of the boiler there should be a flat topped L shaped cover, mine took a bit of shifting the first time but it does come off, mine shown a flashing small red light inside there among the wires etc, and a fuse 10amp, I took it out it was not blown but when I replaced it , the light turned green and all was working again, hope this is some help. Pete

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
WynandJean

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
Hi Wyn
We had not the same with the lights, but not woking at the boiler, on the top of the boiler there should be a flat topped L shaped cover, mine took a bit of shifting the first time but it does come off, mine shown a flashing small red light inside there among the wires etc, and a fuse 10amp, I took it out it was not blown but when I replaced it , the light turned green and all was working again, hope this is some help. Pete

Thanks for this suggestion. There is a box on the side of ours which sounds like the equivalent. Also difficult to get off (and now not easy to get back on) There are two fuses in there (marked oddly enough F1 and F3) Neither has blown. Do I understand that you replaced your unblown fuse as opposed to replacing with another new one?
Wyn

peter marshall

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Cleveleys,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
9 Years
Thanks for this suggestion. There is a box on the side of ours which sounds like the equivalent. Also difficult to get off (and now not easy to get back on) There are two fuses in there (marked oddly enough F1 and F3) Neither has blown. Do I understand that you replaced your unblown fuse as opposed to replacing with another new one?
Wyn
Hi Wyn
I just put the original back in, I spoke to the dealer yesterday when the van was in for service he said mine proberble came back on as i had broken the curcuit by removing the fuse then putting back in, if that makes any sence. i am not very techo so it sounded ok to me and will see how it goes. Pete

OP
OP
WynandJean

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
Aha! I may have found the solution. I have read and re-read the instructions and it may be that it is not supposed to heat water on the 40 deg. gas setting - only the 60 deg. I wonder if anyone can confirm this?
Wyn (confused)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back