VERY STRANGE GROUP at MALVERN call Funsters (1 Viewer)

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
Oh dear, we visited them and promptly got a badge stuck on us by Jim (thank you). I rode the buggy in and out of the vans with Ezzie the Saint Bernard trailing along behind me. All dressed up in a drovers coat, black rodeo hat and with a pair of guns on the belt.... No one battered an eye lid at me. I went round and round and round. .. In the show ground area someone (sorry did not get his name) said you must be Bob... sure am. I then visited the Funsters site again and we passed a small tent where there was some singing and music going on .. my son in law said to me you have joinded a 'happy clappy group' .. he gave me some stick for that .. anyway again no one took the slightist notice of us... I thought some one must say that is that strange chap on the forum... So off we went again... by now I though two visits and still real no contact with the natives.. So the third go we finally made contact with a few of the group.. the fourth visit and we got badged and spent a long time talking to dodgy until it decided to pour with rain (again) .. and a few others, and yes somneone had to ask if the Saint Bernard was the battery.... he was dieing to do it just to wind me up.

The owners of the Winnebago Aspect called past us on there way to get some LED's .. did you get them in time before the show shut I wonder?

So we have meet this happy clappy group... never will forget that first impression (not the one when they were in the bigger tent making a lot of noise late at night so I was told by a lot of people)!!!!!!

For our sins we have our tickets for Bath & West and we are putting the Winnibago among your vans so be warned, my harmonica playing is bad, I mean real bad.:thumb:

Bob

Oct 15, 2007
Five Roads Alyth
Funster No
MH
A class RV
Exp
since 2005
:thumb: Nice to meet you and like above, we'll see you at Shepton:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Nice to meet you Bob. Yes the rally area can be a empty during the day at shows as they are all off buying their bits, or snoozing off a previous late night. You will be much better off parked among the Funsters at Shepton and I'm sure you'll have a good time and please do bring along the harp:thumb:

Griffs

Free Member
Aug 15, 2007
SOUTH WALES
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
since 2007
Strange group at Malvern

Hi Bob,

Glad to see you've booked amongst the Rabble at Shepton. Strange but well intentioned. :Smile: We unfortunately won't be able to make it that weekend, but are sure you will all have a good time. Possibly with our omission the singing won't be quite so lusty (thank goodness for that!) :Blush: but the harmonica playing would blend in nicely. Luckily we did just catch the LED stall, so got a few more battrey savers in situ. Hope to catch you at another Fun bash. :thumb: Clive & Rhian (Griffs)

dylan

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
sw wales
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
n/a
Hi Bob,

Glad to see you've booked amongst the Rabble at Shepton. Strange but well intentioned. :Smile: We unfortunately won't be able to make it that weekend, but are sure you will all have a good time. Possibly with our omission the singing won't be quite so lusty (thank goodness for that!) :Blush: but the harmonica playing would blend in nicely. Luckily we did just catch the LED stall, so got a few more battrey savers in situ. Hope to catch you at another Fun bash. :thumb: Clive & Rhian (Griffs)

Hi Rhian and Clive ::bigsmile: and theres me thinking what a quiet couple you were !! :winky:

Griffs

Free Member
Aug 15, 2007
SOUTH WALES
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
since 2007
Hi Rhian and Clive ::bigsmile: and theres me thinking what a quiet couple you were !! :winky:
Hi Eileen, we are really, must have got carried along by the ambience of the evening. Nice to hear from you & hope to make it to your lovely part of the world soon. Rhian & Clive (Griffs):Smile:

Oct 15, 2007
Five Roads Alyth
Funster No
MH
A class RV
Exp
since 2005

Quiet:Eeek:

Clive was providing a good part of the entertainment later on on Saturday:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

You still got the keys Clive?:ROFLMAO:

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
Hi Bob

It was good to meet up with you and yours at Malvern,:thumb: It was Pam and myself who stopped to say hello to you amongst the show stalls. I am sure you will have a great time with the Funsters at Shepton, don't forget to wear your badge.:winky:

Brisey (Brian & Pam)

PS The guy who had to ask you if Izzie was a spare battery must have been JJ
he can't help himself, poor soul.:ROFLMAO:

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
Hi Bob

After meeting you in the Funster compound, I saw you exercising Izzie the next morning.

I was soooo tempted to make the obvious comments but couldn't decide who looked scarier out of the two of you :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

PS I was the quiet one :winky:

OP
OP
slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
quite one who you?

Hi Bob

After meeting you in the Funster compound, I saw you exercising Izzie the next morning.

I was soooo tempted to make the obvious comments but couldn't decide who looked scarier out of the two of you :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

PS I was the quiet one :winky:

Why do women always stretch the truth.. like I have had them for ages (shoes) or I bought it ages ago (dress) or I am the quite one? did not seem like that to me.... Yes I expect I looked as scary as Ezzie in the morning, but then I do not get much better as the day goes on. It is a good job JJ did not see the 5 gallon water container on the buggy when we went and got water several times a day.. he would have had a field day with that one.

We will wear the badges - promise, must admit forgot to put them on Sunday..guilty as charged. Mind you after the noise from the camp I felt I might not want people to know I was associated with the rabble (well some of them are rabble it seems).... I gather you are working on an ASBO now!

We will get to know you more as time goes on... Ezzie does not bite as you know, for that matter I do not (very often). We are looking forward to Bath & West.. shame the Griff's .. will not be there so much info to exchange on the two Aspect versions.. Mind you I am sure Dodgy with his Winni will keep me busy. - darn Americans campers, I know.

As you get older it becomes harder to remember the names, but the faces and the campers will soon merge togther I am sure. Let hope for better weather next time

Yes it was Brian and Pam that first spotted us walking about.. well it is a bit impossible not to spot us. and Ezzie.

Bob

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
It was good to meet up with you and yours at Malvern,:thumb: It was Pam and myself who stopped to say hello to you amongst the show stalls. I am sure you will have a great time with the Funster

PS The guy who had to ask you if Izzie was a spare battery must have been JJ
he can't help himself, poor soul.:ROFLMAO:

excuse me... You have got that wrong...

I asked Bob if it was a spare battery TWICE!

JJ

Jul 28, 2010
The world
Funster No
MH
Small car
Exp
we finaly got to malvern late sat had a great day there on sunday did not see any one for the site but knew peeps were about

we are off to france so will miss the september shows

engjoy your time out n about in your motorhomes
we do hope to meet some of you maybe next year although we do winter touring also
yours Ian & Carole

OP
OP
slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
it is also the waterboy

excuse me... You have got that wrong...

I asked Bob if it was a spare battery TWICE!

JJ

Ezzie may be 74kgs and can pull a load of 1000kgs as a load (they tell you never to hand on to the lead if a Saint Bernard decides to go). She is a very powerful dog, however despite being a working dog (eating treats i.e her chews) she does very little but plod beside the power wheelchair or buggy. Ezzie is a very lazy madam. She can put a spurt on if she takes a mind to it, like when we first go for a walk then it is a plod or slow trot. As I get the 5 gallon cannister filled and transported on the buggy and Ezzie is with me, I also get asked if she can pull that as well as the spare battery.

I must admit at Malvern I did say to a couple of people ... never heard that before when they remarked she was the spare battery or she could pull me. I often wonder if she understands?

Anyone got a small brandy barrel (prefer if it was full.. but empty would do).

:Eeek:Bob

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
mmm the shepton lot take some beating as well. Wonder how Widmans doing with his regrowth of flowing beard and locks.

Yes bob for strange check out the camarthen meet earlier this year where our wildman was tamed (shorn beard,hair and even his eyebrows - mind they were wicked). Photos in the rally gallery.

OP
OP
slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
You mean there are more of them?

You think they were a strange lot at Malvern Bob? Just wait until you get to Lincoln and meet the really strange lot who weren't at Malvern :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Graham

So we will be at Bath & West and also now at Lincoln so I expect we will see most of these strange campers I keep reading about. But I expect more and more will come out of the wood work.. mined you some may say I am stange? but who am I to argue with anyones elses view. (well that is a lie, I do argue and disagree and have been know to wind up people in posts to see if they bite.... still think Top gear is a waste of space !!!!! ):Eeek:

Bob

OP
OP
slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
what only half as daft?

We will look forward to meeting you at Lincoln, Bob - just to see if you're half as daft as I am :roflmto:

Graham

Only half as daft? surly we must all be daft to sit in a field towards the end of Sumer (you know that wam day in July or was it June?) anyway I digress as I always do. Me I am daft I know it, the Dog (Ezzie) knows it and Sue will be the first to confirm it to anyone.

Daft is my middle name.

Bob:RollEyes:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Only half as daft? surly we must all be daft to sit in a field towards the end of Sumer (you know that wam day in July or was it June?) anyway I digress as I always do. Me I am daft I know it, the Dog (Ezzie) knows it and Sue will be the first to confirm it to anyone.

Daft is my middle name.

Bob:RollEyes:

Ah, but have you got degrees in subjects like Aimless and Random? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Graham

OP
OP
slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
a degree in being stupid

Ah, but have you got degrees in subjects like Aimless and Random? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Graham

Sue thinks I have a degree in being stupid as far as the dog is concerned... last night I pushed the cat of the settee so Ezzie could get on (Ezzie is scared of the two cats and just sits there until they move or are moved).. So I have a first class honors degree in being soft and stupid in respect of Ezzie the Saint Bernard. Other wise it is a plan old LL.b in law and I got a Desmond in that.. you know Desmond tu tu .. or a Upper 2 degree with Hon in law. But the Stupid one is the one that counts. I open the door to let her out..she barks I open the door and let her in.... She sticks her nose on the treat box, I open it and give her one... those sad eyes (no not Sue's) look at me and i end up giving her part of the sausages I am eating. You know what I am saying.. she rules the roost and I have a degree in being soft..but not aimless or ramdom yet, still working on them.

I am attending the university of Motorhome Fun for those.

They looked like a load of lunies, so I think I will fit in well with them.

Bob:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back