Banned - Rule 1
Banned
Aug 5, 2010
SOUTH AND FRANCE
Funster No
MH
A CLASS
Exp
:ROFLMAO::Eeek: Help please,we are going to france in sept and need the phone no and email address of a vet who will not rip us off,,We have two dogs so twice the cost,, the derra vets dont give the email addres,es so we can book,, we will be driving back via Rouen,, and Le Tre Port ,, can any one help please:ROFLMAO::thumb:

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
Most vets can usually fit you in the same day, just try not to use the ones at the ports as they do seem to be more expensive than vets just a little inland, We take our own treatment for the dog with us as supplied by our vet and the vet in france uses that then stamps the passport

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
Hi

There is an English speaking Vet in St Valery Sur Somme. Thats just a bit further north than Tre Port. There are two camp sites and a huge aires in the town, all five minute walk from the vet.

Cant remeber the cost but i will ask June tonight, also the address. He will treat your dog on a walk in basis. Its very easy to find.

St Valery Sur Somme is also a beautifull place to visit.

Jim

:Smile:

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
how about euros 29 per dog

:ROFLMAO::Eeek: Help please,we are going to france in sept and need the phone no and email address of a vet who will not rip us off,,We have two dogs so twice the cost,, the derra vets dont give the email addres,es so we can book,, we will be driving back via Rouen,, and Le Tre Port ,, can any one help please:ROFLMAO::thumb:

We visited a French vet in April following a recommendation found in the MMM. The vet is in Amiens. - 328 Rue Faubourg De Hem - 80000 Amiens. email cabinet.bov@orange.fr There is a Lidol car park about 100 yards round the bend from the vet and I managed to get my Winnebago and trailer in. There is parking oposite the vets but it was taken up when we arrived.

The receiption speak little English but the vet speaks it OK. I even phoned them and spoke to three people, but the e mail worked OK. Best part was the euro 29.. even asked what time I wanted stamped in the pet passport!!!!

We spent the previous night at a site at Neufchatel-en-bray F-76270 - 19rue sainte claire 1 mile junction of motorway. 2 star, 10 amps (on request takes ASCI .. very clean.. short walk from masive e'clerc store and a large Lidol and near town. Best site we found for ages, popular for over night stop coming North or going South, It is about 2 hours from Amiens and we used it on the way up to the tunnel.. left site at 12 and had a slow journey (stopping for a brew etc) and got to vets about 3 p.m and up in Guines site for the 24 hour lay over to allow the passport to be come valid. - in and out of the vet in less than 10 minutes.

Hope that helps... good value and not to hard to get to.

Bob

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
left site at 12 and had a slow journey and got to vets about 3p.m and up in Guines site for the 24 hour lay over to allow the passport to be come valid.

Hope that helps... good value and not to hard to get to.

Bob

We stopped at Guines on our way back. I agree a great site and only 30mins from the Calais Ferry Port. Free WIFI as well.

Jim

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
Hi

There is an English speaking Vet in St Valery Sur Somme. Thats just a bit further north than Tre Port. There are two camp sites and a huge aires in the town, all five minute walk from the vet.

Cant remeber the cost but i will ask June tonight, also the address. He will treat your dog on a walk in basis. Its very easy to find.

St Valery Sur Somme is also a beautifull place to visit.

Jim

Check this site out. it has the addy for the vet in St Valery Sur Somme, plus a few more.

Link Removed

Jim

Teasy2007

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2007
Rotherham South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu PVC
Exp
Since 2005

We have used a number of vets in France and found the one at Uzerche - Clinique Veterinaire de la Pomme tel 0555731644 to be the best and the cheapest BY A LONG WAY.

We also have 2 dogs and have paid as much as 125 Euro. At the Uzerche vets we paid a quarter of the price. We always buy our packs of Advantix from there as they are much cheaper than home. He also gives your dogs a really good check, he spotted that our lovely Cassie had heart problems and told us to take her to our vets asap. They had seen her before we went away but noticed nothing. She died in her sleep 24 days after returning home.

Uzerche also has the most beautiful and free aire - see my photos - Electicity and water is free. It is just of the A20 on the way to Rouen, so it could fit into your journey quite well.

Ginny

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back