How can you recognize a FUNster when on the road?? (1 Viewer)

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
Hi all!

Just back from a little tour in my car around the nice Limousin ! Saw lots of british vans on my way and tried when i could to see if they had any visible sign of MotorhomeFUN stuck somewhere! Might even have frightened a few as i waved like a mad when overtaking them....trying to show proudly (once in front of them of course) my pennant:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: very sorry if you were one of those! I guess you thought i was trying to stop you in order to rob you or whatever nasty you could have imagined.
Of course none of them answered by waving ....just ignored me:cry::cry: but well it seems logical as i was in a car and moreover , a french car so, nothing to do with a motorhomer and even less with an english one.

SO how can we recognize each other as a member of the "family"? if we don't have any flag showing we're belonging to MHF.

How about finding a sign with a hand (and if possible not a rude one for any country:RollEyes::RollEyes:).

Any idea of what it could be?
I thought about "SPOCK" sign as in Star Trek but well it should be a very unique sign, just for us .

BTW Jim i would like a bigger pennant to stick on my car , mine is so tiny nobody can notice it unless having an accident with me by being too near from the rear of my car:Eeek::Eeek:, Have you bigger ones?

Amicalement

Frankie::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

PS: It was nice to see you again Bob and Di! i'll try to escape from my south a bit more often, hugs to you and as well to David and Rita xxxxxxx

Last edited:

Dalek

Free Member
Apr 26, 2010
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Roller Team 600
Exp
18 months
Hi we have just had a holiday in France and we waved at everyone we saw and was surprised how many waved back. Our Funster sticker is in the passenger side window ( our left side ) because our windows are tinted and you wouldnt see it otherwise. I once suggesed a waving hand to stick on the dashboard, bright yellow with a smiley face should get us seen, if not heard, lol.

Dale

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
How about finding a sign with a hand (and if possible not a rude one for any country:RollEyes::RollEyes:).

We already have one Frankie.

It's an old pagan symbol used about 5000 years ago in England and probably northern France. The Iceni greeted the Romans with it but of course being Latin they did not understand the greeting.

You make a circle with your thumb and forefinger, as if you were holding a simple spade. Then wave the hand up and down. It says "I hope your work on the land bears fruit". The quicker you move your hand up and down the greater your greeting.

OP
OP
yodeli
Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014

It's an old pagan symbol used about 5000 years ago in England and probably northern France. The Iceni greeted the Romans with it but of course being Latin they did not understand the greeting.

You make a circle with your thumb and forefinger, as if you were holding a simple spade. Then wave the hand up and down. It says "I hope your work on the land bears fruit". The quicker you move your hand up and down the greater your greeting.

:RollEyes::RollEyes: I know you have quite a sense of humor Brian ( and i must admit i do like that, made me laugh more than once) , hope you're not being cheeky with me teaching me some bad sign to make an experience on MY sense of humor:roflmto: I will probably laugh as well but not sure the people i will wave to, will do:whatthe:

Now if it is all true , then why not :Cool:

Amicalement

lesleyjean

Free Member
Jun 21, 2008
Funster No
MH
A class
:RollEyes::RollEyes: I know you have quite a sense of humor Brian ( and i must admit i do like that, made me laugh more than once) , hope you're not being cheeky with me teaching me some bad sign to make an experience on MY sense of humor:roflmto: I will probably laugh as well but not sure the people i will wave to, will do:whatthe:

Now if it is all true , then why not :Cool:

Amicalement

Frankie I think Brian is being rude.:Blush::Blush:
Don't listen to him:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

estcres

Free Member
Oct 9, 2007
Sunny Bournemouth
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2005

I must have waved at many Funsters then, as I use this sign quite often when someone does something stupid when driving. Usually a young Boy Racer who has a little Citreon or Peugeot, makes lots of noise, has plenty of money for fuel and new tyres, complains when stopped by the Police as it's "never their fault".

Not many motorhomes waved at though.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Rayb182

Funster
Deceased RIP
Nov 13, 2009
Great Bentley
Funster No
MH
Sundance 590 PR
Exp
Since 1999
We always have our flag in the back window when travelling:thumb:

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years

:ROFLMAO:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back