Help needed PLEASE (1 Viewer)

joj

Free Member
Aug 15, 2010
Funster No
Hi All

I am looking for a camper that is suitable for me, my hubby and 2 kids. we dont have an endless pot of funds and are limited to about 6k, ive been trawling the internet and really have no clue as to where to start. Can anyone with experience give me some much needed advice on this subject. Im keen to get on and enjoy whats left of the summer in cornwall :Smile:

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
have you looked at ebay, some of the older Hymers, are just about within your budget. Look at lots before committing to buy
age is seldom an issue with motorhomes even 1980's vehicles can have very low mileages. However if going for that age try to make it a Mercedes engine, they generally have a decent chassis and not prone to tin worm. Good luck and if you get one in time why not join us at the Shepton mallet show.

lesleyjean

Free Member
Jun 21, 2008
Funster No
MH
A class
Link Removed

Click on the link and have a look at this one.

Lesley

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Link Removed

Lesley

Hi joj That looks as good a van as I have ever seen for the money :thumb:( NICE FIND LESLEY) said in the questions consider 5 k ? got to be worth a punt :thumb:
If you do make the offer make sure you give it a good once over before parting with the cash :thumb:
terry
BTW WELCOME :thumb:

lesleyjean

Free Member
Jun 21, 2008
Funster No
MH
A class
Link Removed

Here is another one that looks nice. MOT will run out soon though.

Lesley

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
hi joj and welcome.

with a budget of ÂŁ6k you will probably need to spend some cash on repairs once you have bought a motorhome.

look on ebay for bargains but watch out for damp...a motorhome killer.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Link Removed

Lesley

the only thing we have not tested it the water heater

Errr!!!! not used the water heater....you'll smell them well before you get to view. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

or could it be read as 'water heater doesnt work' !!!!!!

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
the only thing we have not tested it the water heater

Errr!!!! not used the water heater....you'll smell them well before you get to view. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

or could it be read as 'water heater doesn't work' !!!!!!
Even if the W/heater does not work it is only 500 to get a new one and the under pinnings will not be rotten unlike the tranny :ROFLMAO:
terry

gj1023

Free Member
May 20, 2010
Kent
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
1 week lol
The one problem no one has mention yet is , that many older vans don`t have rear travel seats. If you have two children , then you are going to need them . So this will limit your search

Gary

bigfish

Free Member
May 20, 2009
Eastleigh, Hants
Funster No
Exp
8 years, but had caravans & Tents before that
:thumb:
The one problem no one has mention yet is , that many older vans don`t have rear travel seats. If you have two children , then you are going to need them . So this will limit your search

Gary

And another one is as you have children you may well want a cycle rack therefore try to gat a van with one fitted, and not rear door as retro fitting one can be a pain:thumb:, and another where are you as somebody on here may know of a van being sold:thumb:
This covers most basses only my opionion though??:thumb:
http://auctions.preloved.co.uk/fuseaction-auctions.showitem/itemId-260644339470/ec568617.html same van also on ebay, is LHD but easy to get on with after a little while.

thehutchies

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
The Wheelèd Shed
Funster No
MH
Exp

Gary

:thumb: I'll second that.

'Travel seats' means forward-facing or rear-facing seats that have, or can be fitted with, proper seat belts for passengers.
Side-facing seats are unsuitable for travelling as they will only have lapbelts, at best, and are dangerous in an accident.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back