Site Fees (1 Viewer)

Jan 18, 2010
Airdrie Scotland
Funster No
Exp
6 years and 20 years as a tugger
Was on the phone to Glen Nevis site to check if pitches are free for the w/end there are a few free but would recomend that i book at a further cost of wait for it £10.00 over and above the cost of the site fee my response i will take my chances when i turn up

Bill:Cool::Cool:

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
Would take the same line myself, have used the Glen Nevis site on many trips have never had any problems getting in, but suppose it could fill up this time of year, but would still take my chance.

Just shows you we have tried to book earlier and later in the year on previous trips and they said don't bother to book we will have spaces.

Dave :thumb::thumb:

Last edited:
Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
If you pre book and pay the £10 , dont they knock that off the bill when you get there ? Bit much if they dont :whatthe:
I think more places should charge a deposit.
As long as they refund it. When you arrive.
That way it stops sites being fully booked , when really they aren't .
Bev

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
This practice of charging a booking fee of £2 for a single night if booked by phone has started in Forest Holiday sites this year, it is non returnable, we fell foul of this practice in Scotland this year, they are also charging for dogs.

But would now no longer use their sites, did not appear in charges listed in C&CC price list we had, and they don't warn you either when on phone.

Dave :thumb::thumb:

OP
OP
B
Jan 18, 2010
Airdrie Scotland
Funster No
Exp
6 years and 20 years as a tugger
If you pre book and pay the £10 , dont they knock that off the bill when you get there ? Bit much if they dont :whatthe:
I think more places should charge a deposit.
As long as they refund it. When you arrive.
That way it stops sites being fully booked , when really they aren't .
Bev

No the £10.00 is over and above your site fee

Bill

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Not sure if that is a CC club. If it is then I agree with the charge I have to say.

Not sure if it is still CC practice but it used to be the case that you could pre book and if you didn't bother to turn up then there was no penalty.

This resulted in a mass of idiots booking blocks of dates without cancelling if their dates changed leaving sites "full" to the telephone enquirer but half empty in practice.

I agree the £10 should come off the total bill

dshague

Free Member
Aug 22, 2007
Funster No
MH
VAN CONVERSION
Exp
20 years
treacle Forest Holiday sites are run by the caravan amd camping club :thumb:

Aug 4, 2010
Potton, Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
If the site name is "Ben Nevis" then it is not in the listed caravan club sites book as I have just looked.

The caravan club still does not charge a deposit and sites are still getting booked by people that do not turn up. Not heard anything recently that they intend to sort this problem out either which is a shame as it needs sorting.

The camping and caravan club charge a deposit of £25 which comes off your total bill.

Hope this is helpful

Cheryl

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Parcverger

Funster - Campsite Owner
Aug 13, 2007
Parc Verger - Limousin
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
8 years
Our practice at Parc Verger (www.parcverger.com) is to take a provisional booking, and offer the opportunity of paying a deposit to secure the booking. The deposit is taken off of the final bill.:thumb:

We have never understood the charge for a dog - they do not actually involve us in additional costs, like use of the showers etc, :roflmto::roflmto: and you'll also find us on the "Dog-friendly Britain" website. So long as the dog is kept on a lead on site there is no problem, and with an excellent dog walk just down the road that's no a problem.

Bob

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back