LED lighting ???? (1 Viewer)

Jul 28, 2010
The world
Funster No
MH
Small car
Exp
I have seen some internal roof lights that are LED, the peopel who have them can not recall where that got them Link Removed

Any one on here know where we can get internal LED roof and wall lighting for our RV ??

I did wonder about houshold LED wired in with out the 240/12v adaptor
not sure if that would work thoughLink Removed

any ideas any one ????

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
we got ours from one of the trade stands thats at the shows, works out with the adapter to fit our fittings £10 a bulb, so we have just done the main ones we use for the mo as have 18 light fittings in the fiver and thats without the outside awning/front locker ones,

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

homercostello

Free Member
Jul 11, 2010
kidsgrove staffs
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs globetrotter
Exp
9 years
leds

Hi ive just replaced mine in my trigano with ones sourced from ebay they come from china and come complete with the adapters you will need to plug them in to your original fitting. ::bigsmile:

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
got mine at Stratford on Avon show

we got ours from one of the trade stands thats at the shows, works out with the adapter to fit our fittings £10 a bulb, so we have just done the main ones we use for the mo as have 18 light fittings in the fiver and thats without the outside awning/front locker ones,

There were two companies at Stratford on Avon selling them as there main product and a couple others doing them as a side line. I have done all but 3 of mine so far - yes at around £10 each. - 14 of them .. the last three are in the toilet and shower. I hope to do the two in the toilet this time round at Malvern... the shower light does not get used that much so I will save the pennies on that one. Got a small discount on buying a lot.

I did try and do the RV last year, but could not get the ones I wanted. This year a lot more choice.. make sure if you are using a reflector that you get the leds that are all the way round so they reflect.. found the single sided one due to the way they are fitted to the bit that slots in to the old light fitting are not always positioned so the light shines downwards. Need to check it. There are several different types available and some with more and some with less LEDs... also found the hard to get ones for my glass hanging unit that has American tiny bulbs with wire wrapped around the ends. Plus even better go some spot light type that fit in to replace the spots. You have to buy the bulb bit and the adapter for the socket.

I can report they work well and what a differance in power reduction I can see on the NASA monitor,

Worth the money long run. Just a big investment at the start.

Bob

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
L e d

I got all mine from C A K TANKS they have a good range of light fittings in their catalogue.
Ididn't bother with the bulb replacements, just got the fittings, I thought the prices were reasonable, delivery took three days.

phone for catalogue 0844 414 2324 (from 0930hrs) but! line can be busy busy!

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
Posted and converted some 2 years ago now....

Well worth it for battery life savings alone.

:Cool::Cool:

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
probably this type but i'm sure you'll find the right ones on this website.

Link Removed

did ALL mine for £100

Best place to go, these people know their stuff and the bulbs are made to their spec unlike the ones on ebay.

Peter

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
not sure if they work on the vehicle side

Yep

Just looking at the strip led's for the car front headlights......

I hope they'll work ok.

Steve.

Seem to have read somewhere that you might have problems on a yank with leds on the chassis side of things? Something about the indicators or other light slow down or fail if an LED is put in to the system? may be wrong as I have wanted to do my red lamps and also my orange running lamps? I know I do have LED's on the front lamps of my trailer and they seem to be OK. But not sure about the RV it's self.

Bob

OP
OP
M
Jul 28, 2010
The world
Funster No
MH
Small car
Exp
Thank you all for the input:thumb:

I will now go and sort out how many i need so i can rob a bank to pay for them.

busy week this week i go and pick up the toad this weekend
hope it is as good as it sounds the brake buddy system

will find out on saturday when i get it

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
There were two companies at Stratford on Avon selling them as there main product and a couple others doing them as a side line. I have done all but 3 of mine so far - yes at around £10 each. - 14 of them .. the last three are in the toilet and shower. I hope to do the two in the toilet this time round at Malvern... the shower light does not get used that much so I will save the pennies on that one. Got a small discount on buying a lot.

Bob

Hoping to replace my awning light with LED at Shepton, as this is the only one still to do. The shower light was the first to be replaced as, being tall, I didn't fancy burning off what's left of my hair (Halogens get very hot, which shows how inefficient they are)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back