Where can I get for an RV a door top mirror (1 Viewer)

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
You see them on trucks at the top of the door that allow drivers to look down at the side of the vehicle (in our case being a left hand drive) I want to see where my running board on my B class is in relationship to the curb. Nearly lost it in France on small curb bollards when I had to move over in tight. I in fact scrapped the tail pipe..OK live with that, but I would like to get a mirror that has to fit to the top of the door not the roof section of the Winnebago. Anyone any ideas?? they are convexed if I am right!

Thanks

Bob

OP
OP
slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
thank you for your input

Thanks, looked at them on ebay, b ut it has to attach on to a E350 cab door that has about 8" of body sticking out and my running step is angled out that far. I need something on an arm that is convexed.. found a couple of sites, but it is the attaching it to the top of the Ford door.

Any one else got any ideas or links please?

Bob

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 15, 2007
Five Roads Alyth
Funster No
MH
A class RV
Exp
since 2005
I got one of these...

Link Removed

.... for the offside on Winne, didn't pay that much mind you, but ours being an A class it just sticks to the top of the window, just in case the principles right? Downside is it doesn't move forward/backwards, or rather if I clobber it on anything it'll knacker it, so far so good:thumb:

Another thought, have you got a reversing camera, does the monitor have additional inputs? Just a thought as another way to go?

motor roamin

Funster
May 23, 2010
Leicester
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2 mins
Hi Bob

We definately need to meet up at malvern, I have one fitted to my A class I know your's is different but we can compare and see if it will work mine is a truck mirror from stock but they are cheap.

I will PM you my mobile as said in previous posts I will be arriving Friday.

I am a motor engineer by trade so I think there will be a way.

If not because of new regulations in the truck world for covering blind spots, there are some brilliant mirrors which can be fitted inside and it is ubelievable what can be seen in them also my supplier suplies for both right and left hand drive trucks should they need to be handed.

All the best Rick.

OP
OP
slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
So nice to talk to someone that understands yanks

Hi Bob

We definately need to meet up at malvern, I have one fitted to my A class I know your's is different but we can compare and see if it will work mine is a truck mirror from stock but they are cheap.

I will PM you my mobile as said in previous posts I will be arriving Friday.

I am a motor engineer by trade so I think there will be a way.

If not because of new regulations in the truck world for covering blind spots, there are some brilliant mirrors which can be fitted inside and it is ubelievable what can be seen in them also my supplier suplies for both right and left hand drive trucks should they need to be handed.

All the best Rick.

Thaks for the p m Rick. have answered, see you Friday

Bob

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
just an up date

I purchased from Duncan at Star Spangeled Spanner (got 10% club membership discount - thank you) ::bigsmile:a Valvec over door mirror, ..model number 715198.. this is a convex type lens and is stainless steel... intend for A class RV's however I have managed to mount it on top of my B class velvec arm at the top of the main mirror with a couple of large self tapping bolt type screws and large washers.. the Velvec mirror head is a sort of plastic so it was easy to drill (did it from the passengers seat with |Sue holding the bracket while I marked it up).

Yes it works and does not look to bad, but the main thing is I can now see the running step and part of the main R V's body.. taken out a blind spot.. I will now be getting another to do the drivers side..

Bob:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back