netbook Help and advice needed (1 Viewer)

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Could anybody help me with some advice if possible.
I purchased a netbook while I was over in the UK 3 weeks ago (I have just got back home in France)
The netbook is a HP 210 (1012 ram) Windows 7.... the computer worked fine in the UK using the search and find, I connected to the sister-in-laws wifi signal using her code......it also worked when I was parked outside a friends home using there code....both wifi signals it searched and found them when, then asked for the code to be entered and then it connected fine and each time after that it connected Automatically..........all that was fine,
Now I am back home in France it finds my orange live box when searching for a signal and it is on full green bands, but when I press connect (it does not ask for my code for my live box) and comes up with a box (connect to a network) saying...windows was unable to connect to livebox-**** number...below in the box it says trouble shoot problems....tell me more about the internet....and a cancel button........I have tried the trouble shoot but that seems to be of no use........(my laptop picks up the signal fine and that is on XP)......the only thing I have done since I have returned home was to install my orange dongle for while I am out in the motorhome...has that altered any of my settings?????:Angry::Doh:

laneside

Funster
Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
laneside

PPpppffffff Mel too technical for an owd Yorkshire lad sorry'
My only advice is come back to Bridlington asap.

Alan

OP
OP
Heyupluv

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
PPpppffffff Mel too technical for an owd Yorkshire lad sorry'
My only advice is come back to Bridlington asap.

Alan

Well I must say it was nice to be back and eat all that good YORKSHIRE foods again Fish and chips Mmmmm Pork pies, Mmmm Steak pies, Mmmmmm steak and kiddney pies sausage rolls the list goes on lovely.....you know where you can stick your Croissants and your Pain au chocolat..... Cassoulet......******

But that is not what I am asking for, it is help with my netbook ??????:Doh:

Mel

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
now im not a techy person but did you get a red lead and disc with your french system, if so i would connect the red lead to comp and your wifi gadget run the disc and fill in requirred info that way as if itis anything like talktalk it also trouble shoots any problems and tells you how to sort them

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Possibly, maybe check internet connections and change to whatever Orange thingy you are using.

More than likely find that it is trying to connect to standard wi-fi in the notebook

Peter

OP
OP
Heyupluv

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
now im not a techy person but did you get a red lead and disc with your french system, if so i would connect the red lead to comp and your wifi gadget run the disc and fill in requirred info that way as if itis anything like talktalk it also trouble shoots any problems and tells you how to sort them

no maggie

OP
OP
Heyupluv

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Possibly, maybe check internet connections and change to whatever Orange thingy you are using.

More than likely find that it is trying to connect to standard wi-fi in the notebook

Peter

Peter.....thanks for the reply...not quite sure what you mean...but you may be on the right track, as have I lost it...its doing my head in to say the least .....I have been trying all day yesterday and today just going round in circles trying all different ways/ codes/ network keys/ passwords .....I was beginning to think it may be a firewall stopping me or antivirus??

Mel

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Hi there, I have an O2 dongle with my netbook (also windows 7) and used it on my laptop too (Vista) when I installed it it put a programme into both computers called the O2 connection manager. It tends to take over the windows connection manager so I always connect through the O2 Manager even when using my own or someone elses wifi. No need to use the dongle though unless I am mobile (as now) give it a go! Jane

castera

Free Member
Sep 8, 2009
Funster No
Bonsoir

Have you done the Livebox "association"?

(little button, either underneath or side of the Livebox depending which model of the infernal contraptions you are unlucky enough to be saddled with...)

HTH

OP
OP
Heyupluv

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Hi there, I have an O2 dongle with my netbook (also windows 7) and used it on my laptop too (Vista) when I installed it it put a programme into both computers called the O2 connection manager. It tends to take over the windows connection manager so I always connect through the O2 Manager even when using my own or someone elses wifi. No need to use the dongle though unless I am mobile (as now) give it a go! Jane

I will send a pm if thats ok

Mel

gj1023

Free Member
May 20, 2010
Kent
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
1 week lol
I have a Vodafone dongle and on the desktop , I have Vodafone mobile connect installed.

I have to disable windows network connection , down by the clock on my taskbar. ( the little computer pic, you right click the mouse on it and press disable) The reason being it tries to connect to my home connection by default.

Then double click the Vodafone mobile connect and and a box appears and I press connect.

Gary

OP
OP
Heyupluv

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
livebox

I have a Vodafone dongle and on the desktop , I have Vodafone mobile connect installed.

I have to disable windows network connection , down by the clock on my taskbar. ( the little computer pic, you right click the mouse on it and press disable) The reason being it tries to connect to my home connection by default.

Then double click the Vodafone mobile connect and and a box appears and I press connect.

Gary

Thank you Gary I will check again, but I think mine said connect/dis-connect and it was disconnected for the orange dongle .....but yes I will check again as I have done that many permutations!!!:Doh:

I have just checked and for my orange dongle Huawei says it is Disconnected......but for the one for my netbook it says not connected ??? worded diferent but meaning the same thing??

Mel

OP
OP
Heyupluv

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Bonsoir

(little button, either underneath or side of the Livebox depending which model of the infernal contraptions you are unlucky enough to be saddled with...)

HTH

I have sent a pm

OP
OP
Heyupluv

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Bonsoir

HTH

You are a motorhomefun Treasure :thumb:........what you said worked a treat :thumb:......a Great big Thank you ...I was going round in circles my net book could see my live box and all the details were there and correct BUT it just would not let it connect!!!????

Mel

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back