Mandaxxx

Free Member
Feb 19, 2010
Wherever we stop.
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
::bigsmile:We are off soon for a year (or maybe longer) out in the MH. to start we will prob go up east (uk) coast a way across & down west coast, then who knows, we go wherever the wind blows!!!!
We would like to have the chance to catch a few mackerel or ? while on ou journey, what basic fishing kit would we need and I mean basic!:Eeek:

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
A gardening pole, a piece of string, a bent safety pin, a jamjar and a piece of string.::bigsmile:

Have a wonderful time.:thumb:

highwayman

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Herne Bay
Funster No
MH
Low profile Rapido
Exp
Since 2005 ish
Hi Folks
Rod,reel, a few sets of feathers, a few 100-150gram leads.
A priest or small club to despatch your catch and a bag to carry them back to the van.
You could also get a bag of wood chippings to soak in water then place on your barbie to smoke said mackeral. If the barbie doesn't have a lid then make one from foil MMMmmm:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

cheers....nige

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Griffs

Free Member
Aug 15, 2007
SOUTH WALES
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
since 2007
Hi.
WE are looking to do the same as you in time, I used to go sea fishing many years ago and always caught mackerel from the boat using feathers.

I am thinking about buying a telescopic beachcaster from a local dealer, a lot easier to carry.

laneside

Funster
Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
laneside

Hi Folks
Rod,reel, a few sets of feathers, a few 100-150gram leads.
A priest or small club to despatch your catch and a bag to carry them back to the van.
You could also get a bag of wood chippings to soak in water then place on your barbie to smoke said mackeral. If the barbie doesn't have a lid then make one from foil MMMmmm:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

cheers....nige

Joy don't speak to em any more------ they are going to KILL them poor mackeral-------thats if they catch any.------ Good luck and enjoy

Alan and Lyndal

Aug 21, 2008
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Symbol
Exp
Van Conversion
mackeral

If you're going on the south west coast most of the carboots have a fishing stall ,I think I bought everything I needed to set up for under £20 :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

cornishaich

Free Member
Apr 5, 2010
West Cornwall.
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
A year.
If you're going on the south west coast most of the carboots have a fishing stall ,I think I bought everything I needed to set up for under £20 :thumb:

Quite true, I get all my tackle from the car boot at either Hayle on Sunday am or Rosudgeon on Wednesday Pm cheap as chips. Telescopic nah. just tie a proper cheap beachcaster to the roof rack :thumb:

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
I picked up a cheap Telescopic and various bibs and bobs from RANGE, for under £20. Although I've caught a few from rocks, I've had more success from a boat (Falmouth Bay is a good place) Beware if you take a trip on a commercial boat some of them take your fish and grid it up to use as a "slurry" to attract big game fish to the boat. ASK before you cough up your dosh!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back