Jul 30, 2007
In my house
Funster No
MH
Virtual RV!!
Exp
10 Years
Looking for an Iphone type gadget.

Wifee has an Iphone 3GS which in all honesty is pretty good but bloody expensive!!

Ive got a HTC Touch HD phone which ive had for a couple of years and I love but is now getting a bit long in the tooth.

The new HTCs all seem to run on Android which I have no expereince with as my HTC runs on Windows mobile 6.1.

Ive seen an Apad (a much cheaper version than the Ipad but looks the same) but run on Android and looks pretty good.

Anyone got any experience with the Android OS and how it compares to Apples offering??

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
oddly enough, I watched a comparison type thing whilst eating tea last night, it compared all the latest phones and the Iphone came up top.
Although my Iphone is now broken and I have a new one coming on Monday, thank you Apple::bigsmile:

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
and just how did you manage to break it so soon Paul?
used it too much no doubt playing those games :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
My "techie" sources tell me that Android is the operating system to go for...

I still use my trusty Nokia E72. I prefer to press buttons and feel them "click" than touch a sheet of "glass".

JJ :Cool:

PS. Hope your new IPhone is ok Paul... a friend is now on his third one after having two duff ones...

dylan

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
sw wales
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
n/a
I have a HTC Hero Android OS and I haven't had any trouble with it and fairly easy to get on with.

Glynn

Free Member
May 2, 2010
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
You get what you pay for.
Apple is superior in terms of quality and after sales care.

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
My "techie" sources tell me that Android is the operating system to go for...

I still use my trusty Nokia E72. I prefer to press buttons and feel them "click" than touch a sheet of "glass".

JJ :Cool:

PS. Hope your new IPhone is ok Paul... a friend is now on his third one after having two duff ones...

Yep both Steph n me have the E71 which is just about the same minus video. Brilliant phones with tons of apps. ....and it connects no matter how you hold it :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Free Member
Jul 30, 2007
The universe
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Ive seen an Apad (a much cheaper version than the Ipad but looks the same) but run on Android and looks pretty good.
Just ordered a touch pad using Android c/w WiFi and 3G - £165 delivered. Will let you know how I get on. I have an iPhone 3GS to compare it with!

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Yep both Steph n me have the E71 which is just about the same minus video. Brilliant phones with tons of apps. ....and it connects no matter how you hold it :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Which Funster said you didn't know anything Ken? I find you a man of fine judgement, impeccable taste and infinite wisdom..

JJ :coolthumb:

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
Which Funster said you didn't know anything Ken? I find you a man of fine judgement, impeccable taste and infinite wisdom..

JJ :coolthumb:

I knew there was something about you I liked :thumb: It must be your ability to read people. :RollEyes:

OP
OP
dazzer

dazzer

Free Member
Jul 30, 2007
In my house
Funster No
MH
Virtual RV!!
Exp
10 Years
Just ordered a touch pad using Android c/w WiFi and 3G - £165 delivered. Will let you know how I get on. I have an iPhone 3GS to compare it with!

SWEEEEEET!!! :winky:

Let me know how you get on with it please, im in 2 minds and an actual user that can compare the 2 will be great :thumb::thumb:

Detourer

Trader - Tour Operator
Jul 30, 2007
Spain and Morocco
Funster No
MH
4x4 OverLander
Exp
20+ years
A complete coincidence............Needed a couple of phones last week......Long story but one we had got “drowned” while in my shorts, while I was in the pool and the other [the wife’s] died the next day of a broken heart!

I looked at either the iphone4 or the GalaxyS [android]........could not make up my mind although I leant towards the Galaxy as it favoured my old eye-sight with its bigger screen.

Neither were in stock.......nothing in Spain is in stock!......so I left the choice to the people there, in so much as I would take the first to arrive, as it was urgent......The iPhone4 arrived first, so I claimed that......next day the GalaxyS arrived.........so we have both.

Point of the long story...........It’s been just a week and frankly I still can’t choose between the two.....BOTH are simply fantastic. Both have exceeded expectations. Both feel and look good. Both perform perfectly and at the same speed when doing internet thingy’s..........Both were bloody expensive!!!!!!

So comparing the two.......Still don’t know........Hope that helps!

MrRob

Free Member
Aug 8, 2010
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
23 years
either / both

Go to agree with Detourer

I used to think Apple products were overpriced and far too cool for their own good.

4 years ago I relented and bougt and iPod Mini ... I now have a Classic iPod, macbook, macbookpro and iPhone ... my wife has a iPod Nano and iMac.

I will be getting an iPhone4 ... because the mac ecosystem makes managing things like music, video, bookmarks, networking and all the boring IT management stuff (like backing up contacts and data) FAST easy and fun :Smile:

Other phones are just as good in isolation but they would never fit into my system so easily.

oh my other half has a Nokia ... N900 ... :winky:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back