Free Member
Jun 22, 2008
Roaming
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years
I have just been told by the owner of the CL we are staying on that she got a letter saying all hose pipes have to be removed to stop contamination.

I’m guessing this is to do with another post I was reading on another site about the motorhome fresh water point hose being used to unblock a loo in the toilet block by a member of the staff .

We always use our own hose after seeing a hose being used to clean a chemical loo once.

Paul & Lynne

Oct 15, 2007
Five Roads Alyth
Funster No
MH
A class RV
Exp
since 2005
Using our own hose, yup, wouldn't touch, except to remove a site one and frankley our own fitting too:thumb:

Probably over paranoid, but keeps me happy::bigsmile:

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
I have just been told by the owner of the CL we are staying on that she got a letter saying all hose pipes have to be removed to stop contamination.

I’m guessing this is to do with another post I was reading on another site about the motorhome fresh water point hose being used to unblock a loo in the toilet block by a member of the staff .

We always use our own hose after seeing a hose being used to clean a chemical loo once.

Paul & Lynne

When Ralph did a job up in Northumberland early on in the year, all the tap ends were sawn off on the site he was staying at .
There wasn't even the screw bit on.
When he asked why , he was given the same reason, cross contamination. We never use the hose provided , yuk , for obvious reasons.
But trying to get your hose to fit , even with the various size attachments , when theres no end on was a bit of a bind!
He managed to do it though. with a bit of imagination and his bits n bobs.

I'm always surprised to see people driving as close as poss to the tap and just shoving the fields hose into their MH, even complaining its not long enough:ROFLMAO:
Ive seen dogs cock their legs on them before now:Eeek:
Bev

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

dellwood33

Free Member
Apr 25, 2009
Newcastle
Funster No
MH
italian crap
Exp
too long
"Ive seen dogs cock their legs on them before now":Eeek:

You should keep your dogs under better control Bev ::bigsmile:

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
On an aire we use regularly (Berck dur Mer, not the one by the lighthouse, the other end, down by the beach) they've changed the tap to a push button one, which is much 'fatter' than a normal tap and we hadn't got a connector to fit the last time we were there.

We therefore had to refill our fresh water tank using a clean bucket and the "flexible neck" funnel I always said would come in useful !

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
6 years + 5 years in boat before that
We always use our own hose plus I always wipe the outlet tap with a cloth that has bleach on it, I have seen cassettes shoved over a drinking tap too many times.

Doug...

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Zepp

Zepp

Free Member
Jun 22, 2008
Roaming
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years
We were on a aire in France the higher tap was for drinking water the lower tap was for washing the chemical loo .

We watch a French jogger stop and put is mouth around the lower tap to take a drink.

Paul & Lynne

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
6 years + 5 years in boat before that
We were on a aire in France the higher tap was for drinking water the lower tap was for washing the chemical loo .

We watch a French jogger stop and put is mouth around the lower tap to take a drink.

Paul & Lynne

He probably had the next couple of days off work!!!!

Doug...

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back