Polishing the Motorhome. (1 Viewer)

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Well , Ralph and I have spent the last 5 hours thoroughly doing up the MH She had a good old wash , all her black streaky marks removed then a good old polish with Autoglym super resin. Last weekend Ralph polished the all the luton. It drank the stuff, but at least it ended up with a shine, i think it was because its fiberglass , but it was very dull.
Anyway even the roof is mirror shiny now .
We've had a nice time in York this weekend , on a CCC temp holiday site. At York cricket club . The fun flag was flying , and there were 7 or 8 other MH there too.
But on walking back to the MH yesterday we decided that she needed a proper fettling ! Not just the usual soapy wash.
We had the Autoglym super resin and some Myrrh and didn't know which to use . Ralph had bought both to do the fiberglass luton bit .
So we plumbed for the 1st.
I managed to get some polish on one of the Hab windows and when i buffed it of i noticed it had left it lovely and shiny.
So i decided to do the whole window . Using the polish mit i did it in circular movements . Waited for it to dry then buffed it off with a polishing cloth. Wow. What a difference.
All the little scratches on the plastic had gone , and the window was lovely and reflective.
Now this might be common knowledge to all you seasoned motorhomers:)Blush:) but if it isn't try it.
The windows look like new now , no tiny scratches when the sun shines on them.
Ralph's taken her back to storage now , till Thursday or Friday when we go to Scarborough for a few days.
She looks all sparkly ,shiny and new , I'm so glad we did her.
As i type i can feel my shoulders seizing up with all the polishing. Think i shall now , go in the bath and have a soak with a nice glass of red :thumb:

Last edited:

Mixter

Free Member
Dec 2, 2009
Keighley, West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Now a year - cant believe it!
Whats the chance of it getting all mucky again before next weekend?::bigsmile: If youve nowt else to do, ours has a few black streaky bits (and marks on the windows) that could do with fettling. What was the polish you used?

brodie

Free Member
Mar 12, 2010
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2008
Hi

That is a job I have been wanting to do for months. I have got the Fenwicks stuff 2 large bottles of that and a tube of scratch remover for the windows. I also got the turtle wax colour magic for the cab. It is still in the garage not had time to invest.

Pretty glad now I didn't after being towed home :Doh: would have been even more hacked off, you gotta laugh - not. I am on the vino again to drown my sorrows.

Bet it looks great :thumb: and worth the effort.

Vik

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Ralph-n-Bev
Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Whats the chance of it getting all mucky again before next weekend?::bigsmile: If youve nowt else to do, ours has a few black streaky bits (and marks on the windows) that could do with fettling. What was the polish you used?

The polish was super resin ( auto glym )
As for it getting mucky again , well it may do. Though we have noticed that since Ralph polished the fiberglass luton shiny again , the bugs and flies just wash off. Without having to soak and then scrub them . So hopefully it will be the same for the rest of the MH.
Bev

Simba

Free Member
May 17, 2010
Basildon, Essex. UK
Funster No
MH
Gone back to tugging
Exp
Since 2009-2013
Before I invest in this product how about you coming and doing my motorhome to show me how good it really is:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: not that I dont believe you, but just not sure on how to do it, and of course it always looks beter when someone else has done it. :thumb:

OP
OP
Ralph-n-Bev
Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Before I invest in this product how about you coming and doing my motorhome to show me how good it really is:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: not that I dont believe you, but just not sure on how to do it, and of course it always looks beter when someone else has done it. :thumb:

It took us hours to do ours. So you've no chance :roflmto:
But i tell you what , it gives your upper arms and shoulders a good work out. I bet you dont see any car valeters with bingo wings thats for sure:ROFLMAO:
Bev

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
Autogly SRP is great for polishing plastic windows but be careful using Mer, as it is very abrasive compared to most other polishes I have tried.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back