Banned
Feb 17, 2008
Full timing in the van
Funster No
MH
Fiat decato
Exp
8years
plugged sat nav in Sig lighter and all smoke came out and it was hot so plugged my phone in and know problems any one no why or can help :Blush:

BobProperty

Free Member
May 20, 2010
Stockport
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2010
If I've got this right, it sounds like the plug on the satnav charger is the cause of the trouble. Do you mean that the phone charger works OK?

BobProperty

Free Member
May 20, 2010
Stockport
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2010
So you have to assume the socket is OK and therefore the problem lies with the plug part of the charger for the satnav. Does it have a fuse in it, do you know? Has it melted at all? Have you got a spare one or can you borrow one to test out that it is that lead that is causing the problem?

Feb 3, 2008
ireland
Funster No
MH
class a r.v.
Exp
10yrs
plugged sat nav in Sig lighter and all smoke came out and it was hot so plugged my phone in and know problems any one no why or can help :Blush:

hi martin...first thing to doo, is chuck sat nav as far away from you as you can...then plug back in phone charger and wait a bit longer..as it could be better quality wiring,so will take a bit longer to go on fire.::bigsmile:..failing that,,me and jj know a certified electwonics engineer...he will be at shepton,so we can point you in his direction if you want,,,best of luck....smudger...::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:........ps give us a ring wen you get back...

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back