Staying at Euro tunnel France (1 Viewer)

Blisters

Free Member
Apr 2, 2008
Stoke on Trent
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
March 2006
Can anyone tell me if there is a safe place to sleep over night at the Euro tunnel terminal in France. (within the terminal)

We will be moving to france this coming Thursday, and want to travel down to Ashford Terminal on Thursday night, get the train to france and stay there over night, then head for Brittany Friday Morning. we will have the M/H and a trailer, with some of our house contents in it and a car, so nned to be as safe as pos

Alternatively, can you sleep at the Ashford end, and catch the train in the morning.

Oct 27, 2007
Near Dartford
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Since 2005
Graham

The only thing I can think of is staying at the Canterbury Park and Ride (You need to get there before 8pm I think but you can leave at any time) as I presume that Kay is driving the car and you the motorhome. At least you could all stop there for the night on Thursday and then get an early start on the Friday morning. I dont think there is anything at the Terminal either the Ashford or the French end.

Let me also wish you good luck in your new venture. Just wish we were as brave as you.

Sonja

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
Can anyone tell me if there is a safe place to sleep over night at the Euro tunnel terminal in France. (within the terminal)

We will be moving to france this coming Thursday, and want to travel down to Ashford Terminal on Thursday night, get the train to france and stay there over night, then head for Brittany Friday Morning. we will have the M/H and a trailer, with some of our house contents in it and a car, so nned to be as safe as pos

Alternatively, can you sleep at the Ashford end, and catch the train in the morning.

We have stayed more than once in the dedicated car park for MH at the rear of Cite Europe. Never been bothered & quite a few MH's stop there. Spent 2 days there during bad weather last winter.

Close by is the entrance to Cite Europe with it's shops, super market and nice clean toilets. :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+

We always travel on the tunnel............France side????....... difficult as you come straight off the train out onto the road.....now if you was going from France as with if you was going from the UK there is always the car park once you have gone pass the check in booths while waiting for the trains......I would think you would get away with it over night BUT when you leave the tunnel both sides you come out onto the link road then the motorway......French side you have Cite Europe and that is connected to the tunnel exit and has a Aire......how safe I do not know as I have never used it.

Mel

Cavendish

Free Member
Aug 10, 2008
England
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since September 2008
Moving to France, how lovely! There is an overnight stop on this side of the Channel, I just can't remember the name. We've gone past it before when heading for the Eurotunnel. It's on the opposite side of the motorway when travelling south. Matt will know but he's asleep. I'll ask him tomorrow unless anyone else can help?

PenelopePitstop

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 3, 2007
Royston Vasey and beyond!
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 1999
Hi Graham and Kay!

How exciting! We'll be thinking of you! :Smile:

When we get off the train we drive a short way along the motorway away from Calais ( 2 exits I think!) then stay in the car park of Franglais - the big wine warehouse. It's a France Passion site but I think if you got there late and left before about 8 you'd be OK - or if you are there when they are open you could buy a couple of bottles and they'd be fine I'm sure!

Safe travels!:Smile:

See you soon we hope! :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
As already stated sleep on the arrival carpark within the terminal at ashford should be no problem. good luck with the move Graham, some people will do anything to avoid coming to shepton Mallet show, hee hee

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back