Warning: Booking on line with Stones Leisure Limited (1 Viewer)

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
6 years + 5 years in boat before that
While I was in the process of booking on line for the Shepton Mallet show I noticed the there was a warning sign over the secure lock in the bottom right corner of my screen, It said "Warning; Contains unauthenticated contents so I shut the contacted down for safety.

The security software was by "Comodo" which I have not hear of before.

Now this may be a false alarm by my AV, (Kaspersky) and it may not even show up on other AV. I left a message on Stones answer phone so that they know, and I will phone them direct on Monday to do my booking.

Doug...

Landy lover

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2009
Zummerzet
Funster No
MH
27ft Eurolight
Exp
Camping Caravaning now 5'ering 49 years
Nothing like that when we booked - we are on AVG

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
While I was in the process of booking on line for the Shepton Mallet show I noticed the there was a warning sign over the secure lock in the bottom right corner of my screen, It said "Warning; Contains unauthenticated contents so I shut the contacted down for safety.

The security software was by "Comodo" which I have not hear of before.

Now this may be a false alarm by my AV, (Kaspersky) and it may not even show up on other AV. I left a message on Stones answer phone so that they know, and I will phone them direct on Monday to do my booking.

Doug...

Yes I was the same , I did mention it when I tel to book then......reply " oh really we will look it to it " I use Comodo also

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Douglas

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
I have just ordered somthing on line with an other company that uses the same security software "Comodo" and there was no indicated problem by my AV Kaspersky, as there was with Stones Leisure Limited, in view of this I am going to suggest that there is a problem at Stones Leisure Limited.

Doug.

Chani

Free Member
Mar 26, 2009
Somerset
Funster No
I use Comodo for our secure certificate. It's a real company, nothing dodgy about them.

Oct 15, 2007
Five Roads Alyth
Funster No
MH
A class RV
Exp
since 2005
I just booked and nothing untoward showing (AVG again)?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Douglas

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
Not all AV software is the same some detect things that others don't, some make false positives, its difficult to be sure so I fall on the side of "don't chance it".

I am not say that there is anything wrong here but I'd rather make the mistake of misjudgement than the mistake of giving my credit card details out.

When I spoke to the guy at Stones Leisure Limited, he took my information seriously and said he would have it checked right away and thanked me for telling him.

Doug...

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back